Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Logitech Brings Back the MX518 Gaming Mouse [47549]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:30 pm    Post subject: Logitech Brings Back the MX518 Gaming Mouse [47549] Reply with quote

Logitech has announced it is re-launching what uot;many consider to be the finest gaming mouse of all time,uot; the MX518. The original, which was launched over a decade ago, has been updated with the latest, next-generation technologies including a HERO 16K sensor and 32-bit ARM processor allowing for a super fast

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like it's the G400s under a different name.
Pics here on Amazon.
I have a G400s on each of my PC (x4 that is) - best mice ever...
They stopped selling the G400s in 2016 - I am glad to see there's an upgrade path coming; their new product line is a disaster, really, just terrible.
This same mouse design keeps coming back every 3-5 years since 2000 or so (either in wired or wireless model).
Its first version was the MX mouse which was wireless and had a charging stand. I owned only two of those at the time.

BTW, Logitech did not go back to this product because they listen to feedback. They did so because they are in trouble and they need something that actually sells. 0 design cost, pure profits because it's "new", lol

I bet it will sell for $99 at launch, drop a little later and stop at $49.99.
El_Coyote
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:

I had a mx518 back in the day. I might get this one, provided the new internals yields good reviews.
El_Coyote
Elite Member
Elite Member

Csimbi wrote:

I had a mx518 back in the day. I might get this one, provided the new internals yields good reviews.
El_Coyote
Elite Member
Elite Member

Csimbi wrote:

El_Coyote
Elite Member
Elite Member

Csimbi wrote:

Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually buy just one and if it's good, I buy another 6 for the years to come Wink
As said, Logitech sells good mice only every 3-5 years and I need to bridge the gap because the buttons do wear out eventually.
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best mouse? pff the G5/G500/G500s are the best .. until they fucked it up with the shitty G502 version which is complete garbage in every way.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do realize the G500s IS the G400s, right?
Just two more buttons for DPI (which I found largely useless) and hyperscrolling (which makes the middle mouse button harder to click).
The side buttons on the G500s are useless to me (too close for my thumb size).
That said, I would not trade my G400s for a G500s.
Either way, it's all about the shape and in that sense they are the same.

https://muoses.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Logitech-G400S-vs-G500S.jpg
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stopped buying over priced bullshit mice/keyboards years ago. They can take their overpriced hunk of shit and shove it back up their ass.
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do realize the G500s IS the G400s, right?

hmm the G5/G500 etc is a mouse like the G400 yes...

""Just two more buttons for DPI (which I found largely useless) and hyperscrolling (which makes the middle mouse button harder to click). ""

Ever since I got my first G5 over a decade ago, I've always binded the left tilt middle mouse sidebutton to act as a Mouse3 using its driver software (shame more people didn't think about doing that) as like you say pushing down directly on the real middle Mouse3 button on the G5/G500- etc series has always been harder and less intuitive .. but like I say utilizing the same middle mouse right side tilt button to act as mm3 works far better than a normal mm3 on most mice as its even easier to use pushing middle finger to the side of it, while the right tilt middle mouse side button provides an extra utility button. Anyway my pro tip to making the G5 etc series a great mouse. Except not the G502 which I sent it back it was so garbage, I hope my review of it still plagues Logitech, not that they've done shit about rectify it with a better mouse product in the G5 lineup, pretty much why I don't think I'll buy from Logitech again, they've lost it.

""The side buttons on the G500s are useless to me (too close for my thumb size). ""

That is 3 side buttons near the thumb.. of which I find all of them useful to have thumb buttons for extra utility, mouse4 thumb tends to always be used for push to talk key for me. I don't understand people not being able to use the thumb buttons seems to be a common complaint but then I use fingertip/claw grip.

""Either way, it's all about the shape and in that sense they are the same.""

They are kinda the same in build shape which I like, but I go with some extra buttons, besides the spinning wheel option comes in handy actually for zooming in/out, faster page scrolling, yup g400 would be a last resort.. not even sure I can find a g500/s mouse brand new anymore, really should have bought some more. I might be looking at a different brand of mouse in the future should the g500s or older g500 become completely unavailable even the prices for these brand new are a bit crazy on ebay now thanks to that those retards at Logitech who don't manufacture it probably because the G500 used to have a solid quality to it, not anymore....

My old review of the G502 - the overpriced cheap shit mouse
========================================

Compared to the G500 and G5 this mouse is so bad...
-Louder clicking, really annoying loudness for lmb/rmb clicks.
-Louder scroll wheel on notches, doesn't even have rubber/metal wheel anymore.

-Way to many touching feet underneath. g502 has 6 touching feet of varying sizes all over the place underneath, Compared to the G500 which has 3 touching feet, Not sure what kind of pro gamers those ripp off merchants at logitech got to test this mouse but they are fools. You want a mouse with less mousefeet and smaller feet so that there is less friction.. ESPECIALLY for tiny/small movements, where accuracy is needed, more feet = more friction and 'stickyness' feel on doing tiny movements.

-Still has the middle mouse button that is really hard to press directly down on. It's so bad you really need to rebind the 'middle mouse button' to the left sidescroll wheel button, effectively losing a button because logitech fail at fixing the middle button.. then you finally have a workable mmb. Logitech really are muppets.

-The gimmick triangle indents along the thumb & other side on that rubber plastic. These shaped indents make for a sticky, slippery and sweaty mouse to hold compared to the g500 rubber side material that doesn't have such indents making it much better. Doesn't have that cheap sweaty plastic feel on just touching it.. And that is brand new g502 , its so bad. Compared to the g500 I dunno how anyone can say this g502 crap, is an improvement, it tarnishes the G5 series completely.

The mouse is way heavier than the G5/G500 and that is without any of the silly hex cube crap weights adding to it....its basically overpriced rubbish in all ways compared to the G500. I'm done with the Logitech brand, the glowing G also looks like some sort of fanboy thing, I mean its really G-ay if you know what I mean. Makes the corsair logo stamp change actually look better and less stupid.

The mouse laser can barely read the mouse surface if you even slightly lift the mouse(more on that further down)... also the logitech software and the mouse matt tuning is the biggest gimmick ever, it makes no difference but I'm sure fanboys think its soo great moving there mouse in clockwise movements over there mousematt, like some sort of mental placebo to them, thinking this joke of a mouse is actually good.. its so bad.

The thumb buttons, 2 of which are in the same position as the G500, the other button has been moved infront of the thumb finger, most claw grip gamers will find this thumb button to far away to even be used without changing there hand grip of the mouse, and thus losing any sort accuracy in games. "Logitech science wins" right.. fail.

And for any ACTUAL PRO GAMERS, who use mousetape (CS Hyde PTFE Mouse Tape) will find this piece of shit mouse, does not like any tape adding to its ridiculous varying sized 6feet. I can't state just how ridiculous the design of a mouse with that many feet is for any gamers or professionals who want a mouse that is smooth and accurate when moving it. And Teflon tape at barely 0.1mm thick, will lift this mouse just way to much above the surface for the mouse laser to even be able to detect the surface anymore!!!!!!! Science wins right? It is the most absurd flaw in this mouse yet, I couldn't even believe it, frigging mouse tape lifts the mouse too much above the mouse matt surface that the laser cannot work effectively anymore! Progressive Science MAN! an old G5 did a better job, what a joke

It's almost like Logitech designed this mouse with every intention to make something you would need to replace a year down the line. The provided mouse feet are so thin I doubt it takes 5months to wear them down. My G500 still has its 3 feet with less height worn down in 3 years than this brand new mouse. And some people buy mousetap so that actual mouse feet don't get warn down, that and the tape is often smoother than the provided mouse feet!

How this mouse can even be considered a gaming mouse. Are they Logitech science wins rubbish... there design and engineers are fucking morons.

DO NOT BUY THIS OVER PRICED JUNK. I got a G500 3years ago for £30 and it is a still better mouse than this shit, which really only has 1 good thing going for it, it has 1 has an extra button did I mention this mouse makes so much noise when you click any of its lmb/rmb buttons that I actually prefer the old g500 and g5 still.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, got it.

Nice review Wink

The problem with Logitech is that they don't listen to feedback - they act like it but you can't actually see any of the feedback on their product line.
If they did, we would always have a decent travel-, work- and gaming mice.
Which is not the case at all...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: