Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Chrome / Firefox accusing me of distributing malware [46551

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:15 pm    Post subject: Chrome / Firefox accusing me of distributing malware [46551 Reply with quote

Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are helping users to stay away from sites that may be known to be trying to deliver some sort of phishing or malware. If you try to access one of these sites, Chrome / Firefox will automatically warn users by displaying a red warning page that the site you’re trying to access is know

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disabled their "warnings" today, even before you reacted. But if you think for a second that you can control what code "hackers" inject into some of your outside banners - you are a a fool. Especially the gambling site banners, the most common place for malware injection.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know...not sure if I trust this site... Laughing after all it let's Koogle's on it. Shocked and the knowledge base of game critique Csimbi Confused Both considered also as toxic entities.Surprised ah well if not just to read Koogle's idiotic posts I'll disable the option. Can't pass up on the laughter Koogle's idiocy brings to my life. Laughing Very Happy
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
I disabled their "warnings" today, even before you reacted. But if you think for a second that you can control what code "hackers" inject into some of your outside banners - you are a a fool. Especially the gambling site banners, the most common place for malware injection.

I don't have any banners here for two years. Only sponsor logos and they are static images (JPG, PNG) located on my webserver under ggmania.com/img

The problem is something else:

[/img]
shubnigg
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remove this files, google will remove the warning alert...I had the same problem with my website and I clean it up (I know they are no virus in most trainers...)
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heretic wrote:
gx-x wrote:

I don't have any banners here for two years. Only sponsor logos and they are static images (JPG, PNG) located on my webserver under ggmania.com/img

That is a very good move on your part then. I just assumed you would have them deep linked like most sites do. Forgive me Smile

Quote:

The problem is something else:

[/img]

That is just silly, they point to some SQL link entry and provide no actual proof of threat. It as if you have word "cheat" tied to anything that links to something it's a "threat". Wonder ifrenaming "cheat" to anything else would straight up fix the problem Very Happy
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pfft. Gameguru has been blacklisted years ago (first at Firefox 49 or 54, was it?), turned off this shit in Firefox years ago.
I can't even remember this shit anymore.
Why are we talking about this shit now?
Did some new shit hit the fan? Very Happy
lorcro2000
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided to leave it on but you can click your way past it, at least in Firefox. I basically never see it trigger, so I left it in case it comes in handy.

I actually don't mind it, it's a good feature for the total idiots that comprise 99% of all web users. It's amazing what some people will click on, and what information they'll just fill in anywhere when asked.

But yeah, I'm not worried about stuff I need to click on to download. I'm mildly concerned with stuff that can be served via banners and flash and whatnot.

But hey, that's what Sandboxie is for - I run my entire Firefox sandboxed, and have the sandbox set up to throw away all the data that changed when I close the browser.
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank God Very Happy
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lorcro2000 wrote:
I decided to leave it on but you can click your way past it, at least in Firefox. I basically never see it trigger, so I left it in case it comes in handy.

I actually don't mind it, it's a good feature for the total idiots that comprise 99% of all web users. It's amazing what some people will click on, and what information they'll just fill in anywhere when asked.

But yeah, I'm not worried about stuff I need to click on to download. I'm mildly concerned with stuff that can be served via banners and flash and whatnot.

But hey, that's what Sandboxie is for - I run my entire Firefox sandboxed, and have the sandbox set up to throw away all the data that changed when I close the browser.

Sanboxie has already been defeated multiple times. Bufferzone is better, imo.
Bert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to have the site back.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my company has outright blocked your site. apparently they say your site is deemed unsafe and has come up several times for attempted phishing. guess I'll only be able to come here on my own internet. such is life...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: