Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Starsiege and TRIBES Free Games [40514]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:53 pm    Post subject: Starsiege and TRIBES Free Games [40514] Reply with quote

and much of what came between, including the classic shooter Starsiege TRIBES. With most of the Tribes series being multiplayer focused, it may be hard to find games, but the free releases may influence that

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

After installing DOSBox you can then use the Sierra installer to get Earthsiege I to work. I can confirm that it works. The page also has a link to run Earthsiege II on modern 64bit systems. I could run it but ran into an audio issue, something about _INMM.DLL.

The Starsiege: Tribes link says it's StarsiegeAndStarsiegeTribes, but as far as I can tell it's only Starsiege, which works (on Win7 at least) if you follow these instructions. You'll also need a no-CD patch to play the campaign or multiplayer, along with an updated master server.

I have no idea why they included a download for Aerial Assault, since you'd likely need to use a PS2 emulator to run it. But hey, it's there.

Tribes 2 works but only offline, since it's the original version and tries to connect to the old servers. I'm not sure if you could patch it or would have to simply download TribesNext instead.

I didn't bother to download Vengeance but I assume it's similar to the T2 install; works fine offline, but no online connectivity.

Something to note is that other than the T:V link, everything is in .iso format. You'll need to use something like Clone DVD to access the files, unless you feel like burning them to a CD.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Tribes/comments/3qnsl9/entire_earthsiegestarsiege_franchise_available_to/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: