Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within [17938]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within [17938] Reply with quote

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within, the sword-slashing sequel to the groundbreaking Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. The story of Prince of Persia: Warrior Within takes place several years after Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. In this new ...read a full review

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Clockw0rk
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truly an excellent game. And the only one I can think of where the special ending includes sexual escapades! (darn selective camera angles)... Without giving anything else away, the end portion of the game is HEAVY with twists and it really does make the series game out to be that much more awesome. Even after playing every square game and watching every dramatic bit of CG... Warrior Within evoked 'hot damn!' from myself and friends more than once.

As a side note... You have to appreciate the globes on the woman in red. Mmm, mmm, mmm.
maga

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say this game is much worse than the first one... it's like running in a generic castle with no coherent story whatsoever and way too many (partially naked) female characters.

all in all, i'd give this game a 70%, at best. I'd give Sands of Time a 95%.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The combat in PoP:WW is what realy excels compaired to PoP:SoT. The Combinations of being able to use scenery like pillars and walls as well as the multiple weapon combos,throwing weapons etc are just what the game needed to move forward. The first one (i played on the PS2) was like ICO imo. I gambled on PoP:WW for the PC and it paid off, i'm using my Logitech gamepad and it's not any different from the PS2 to control but where it DOES differ is the AMAZING graphics!!
The Dahaka boss though is a pain in the ass and i find the-thrown-in-at-the-deep-end panic knowing that you have to run and time everything first time -and also correctly chose the right path- to escape him my only frustrating gripe.

Very good review.
Sly
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A worthy sequel to PoP:SoT. Nothing groundbreaking, just an expansion on the elements that made SoT great, but pushed them to the extreme. Screenshots alone do not do this game justice. Go find someone who knows how to play and watch him ^_^ The combo system was kinda troublesome at first and the enemies aren't as forgiving (They do attack simultaneously now, unlike SoT where they wait their turn) but once you get the hang of it, you'll literally be tearing through their ranks like a lawnmower through grass.

The Dahaka wasn't much of a challenge. He's the easiest boss i encountered in the game. I got him on the first try actually.
v1m

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May rock on a console, but it is terrible on a PC. The camera is seldom where it needs to be, and the controls are stunted. Too bad--it's beautifully atmospheric, but it's too frustrating to be enjoyed with keyboard and mouse.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

v1m wrote:
May rock on a console, but it is terrible on a PC. The camera is seldom where it needs to be, and the controls are stunted. Too bad--it's beautifully atmospheric, but it's too frustrating to be enjoyed with keyboard and mouse.

Don't tell me you've never owned a PC gamepad? For eg the 'Logitech dual-action' is a fantastic pad; played on games like FIFA,PES and PoP it's simply no difference from a console pad -and it's cheap! You can buy force feedback,standard,wireless free -the worlds your oyster and no excuse to say that a console is better than a PC because it aint! Laughing
Sly
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, the mouse/keyboard combo was still ok with SoT. But i really do recommend that you get a joypad for the sequel (pref. 12 button dual analogs). You don't have as much control over the camera, but atleast the controls are easier, especially now that you have 2-3 attack buttons instead of just going *click* *click* *click*.

A brand new PS dualshock lookalike (Except it's for USB =P ) cost me less than 10 bucks, get one, it's worth it Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: