Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

GTA V Sales Surpass $1 Billion In First Three Days [35896]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: GTA V Sales Surpass $1 Billion In First Three Days [35896] Reply with quote

Take Two Interactive, which publishes Rockstar Games' hugely successful Grand Theft Auto franchise, announced on Friday that sales of Grand Theft Auto V have generated $1 billion in revenue in just three days, making it the fastest game in history to reach the $1 billion milestone.

Take-Two Interactive Software toda

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it rocks! No wonder when you realise how much is in this game, it's fucking MONSTROUS!! Bought the strategy guide to see the size of this! Played for about 10hrs and not even got out of Los Santos. The guns and car customisation alone is worth it. The characters are truly mental, and chop the dog is just... Priceless. Can't wait for the fruit app on android though.
Nothing on PC touches this. The games industry has just had its ass kicked.
I hope watchdogs is going to live up to the hype? By god it better. Otherwise it's going to be.... Well sad.
doodah

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stumpus wrote:
Nothing on PC touches this.

Until it comes out on PC in a couple of months Smile
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doodah wrote:
Stumpus wrote:
Nothing on PC touches this.

Until it comes out on PC in a couple of months Smile

I hope so, but the specs will be scary no doubt..... Sad
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They will? Considering both X360/PS5 is 10+ year old tech.. Any ~$1500 PC would kick this mutha out the window + make you money so... Bring it to the XBONE or PS4 then we'll talk.. that would be impressive but it took frack'n 10 years! GAHHH!!
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thudo wrote:
They will? Considering both X360/PS5 is 10+ year old tech.. Any ~$1500 PC would kick this mutha out the window + make you money so... Bring it to the XBONE or PS4 then we'll talk.. that would be impressive but it took frack'n 10 years! GAHHH!!

They may be, but boy does it play like silk. Take a look at the post I made about GTAIV on PC? It still plays like a bag of spanners on modern spec PCs. So unless GTAV is fully optimised for PC it won't play better than an optimised version on any modern PC regardless of the cost.
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is of course up to lazy devs if they wish to tweak their product for X platform. Its always been this way since the beginning. Non-optimized code is NOT the fault of the user and to force faster h/w to be used to make X game run better is pure and utter BS which we've been used to in the PC industry for decades.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ironically, older hardware has tended to play certain games better than newer. It's also down to a change in the industry, as we know. Look at the fiasco that is RTW 2? That isn't even on a console yet it still isn't optimised after many years in dev. There is clearly budgets laid on for the PC probably due to the fact it has lower returns than a console. But I would like to hear that from an actual dev than many that think they know.
£170 million budget for GTAV and it has returned in three days £500 million. It's just so obvious why any manufacturer or developers go for the quickest returns. I would and so would you if that was the job you were given between console and PC. Hardly any follow up and no endless late nights on console versions, probably unpaid as well, to get a PC version patched up as budgets are stretched.
The industry has changed and it's a fact of life we own everything we want in our households. We don't cut our nose off to spite our faces, if something we want is on a console only we buy it. Then we have everything released and we're happy bunnies!
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ironically, older hardware has tended to play certain games better than newer.

Hahaha, funny coming from Mr. Upgrade. Seriously, how the F would you know. Total BS though, its more the drivers for the "older" hardware are better than likely current hardware. I've never seen nor tested or seen an older card run something better than a modern card. But I'm sure Mr. Tech buff has. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
The industry has changed and it's a fact of life we own everything we want in our households. We don't cut our nose off to spite our faces, if something we want is on a console only we buy it. Then we have everything released and we're happy bunnies!

Speaking for 'yourself' only. I am patient, while I own a shit PS3, I rather wait and get GTAV on PC.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: