Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Aliens: Colonial Marines Has Really Bad Enemy AI [34575]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Aliens: Colonial Marines Has Really Bad Enemy AI [34575] Reply with quote

Apparently you can go through the levels with out even shooting anything! :P

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, that is seriously garbage!
How in this day and age, do they still produce flawed junk...
Obviously they take it that the player will automatically engage any enemy because the levels are sooo linear, by the looks of it?
I tried the exact same in Metro 2033. I waited in corners when i was with a party and we were attacked. But, unlike A:CM, you eventually have to engage them otherwise you die, simple.
will gladly bypass this rubbish... not that it was on my radar. lol
-=WolverinE=-

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lol'd. Seriously, the very FIRST video of this pos that had aliens attacking showed the same thing - slow and stupid enemies.... That was MONTHS ago! I knew the game was going to be shit - it's gearbox! What I don't get is why people bought it with all the garbage videos floating around....
tride
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, this looks like 5 year old game...... oh wait ?!
Ill skip it even on the torrents.. lol
-=WolverinE=-

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the classic:

http://youtu.be/BsLPOiYzFPA?t=3m58s

There's a mod for Crysis 2 planned so check this out: http://www.crydev.net/viewtopic.php?f=308&t=101575
Venom1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game don't even worth the time i've spent downloa... coff coff...
Ok, you got it.
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep.. as mentioned in that thread below re: latest C&C screenshot.. its a pattern with the gaming industry: they are just largely focusing on eye-candy and pumping out crap to try and hit a target. Noticing most games are garbage compared to their predecessors (ie. DeadSpace3) but oh look.. pretty! Mad Current Aliens game is now gone so far backwards.. wow.. just WOW!
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tride wrote:
Damn, this looks like 5 year old game...... oh wait ?!
Ill skip it even on the torrents.. lol

+1

this is just retarded. I would figure it out in minutes anyway.
Next step: ban YT videos of games! They are bad for sales and discourage piracy as an agent of free advertising!
-=WolverinE=-

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
Next step: ban YT videos of games! They are bad for sales and discourage piracy as an agent of free advertising!

No, no...you mean "...ENCOURAGE piracy, because we don't provide a demo and hurts our sales! PC bad, consoles good!".
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what happens when we have a generation of devs who have been brought up on a saturated market of consoles,handhelds, mobiles, tablets.
This is the biggest change in gaming I have ever seen. Quality is now failing sooo badly.
When I first got into gaming, it was the PC. It was soooo fucking expensive pc. There was the Sega genesis or mega drive but that was TRUE arcade gaming that used to be in shops. PC and the mega drive never crossed paths- until the Amstrad PC. Devs wrote truly for the PC.
I don't have an issue with console gaming since I own nearly every platform inc tablet. Where I do have an issue is there are no TRUE pc devs left. They have to write for all game platforms cause they would go bust otherwise.
They won't write solely for PC as they have no resources. The fact that PC game boxes and ring bound manuals disappeared and yet they still make losses sums up this whole sorry affair.
Visuals has always been the soul selling point of the PC today, how else do hardware manufacturers justify the cost or make sales. Only a very few companies still make pc games that justify them being on that platform, but by and large the difference between console and pc is negligible.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-=WolverinE=- wrote:
gx-x wrote:

No, no...you mean "...ENCOURAGE piracy, because we don't provide a demo and hurts our sales! PC bad, consoles good!".

Well, no. Razz I meant that people will see YT video and wont even bother to pirate. It's just that I constructed that sentence miserably in the previous post Razz

@Stumpus:

Hardware sales are justified with BAD console ports that result in the need for overkill hardware to run them. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: