Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

THQ sold: buyers include Ubisoft, SEGA, Crytek [34439]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: THQ sold: buyers include Ubisoft, SEGA, Crytek [34439] Reply with quote

ing final court approval: Sega agreed to purchase Relic (Company of Heroes), Koch Media has agreed to purchase Volition (Saint's Row) and the Metro property, Crytek has agreed to buy Homefront, Take-Two will purchase the unannounced game Evolve, and Ubisoft will buy THQ Montreal and the South Park game. Here's the lett

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phuh. Good! I was afraid Ubi would put its dirty hands on CoH.

Last edited by Csimbi on Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawn of War 3 is still a ways off now.. gah!

[goes back to modding Dawn of War 1]

Very Happy
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a fucking state the games industry is in............ I thought i had seen the worst when DID,Microprose, DI turned turtle. The industry is on the cusp of financial disaster. Christ, i've even read serious articles about Intel incorporating CPUs into motherboards and doing away with selling individually. Likewise ARM is making huge steps to into the PC game, it's all about the fact that the PC isn't selling nothing like it used to in the hardware dept and has reported lost sales for the first time in 12years.
The whole thing is in flux, nothing rules anything anymore. That's the future for now on. Generations of gamers play on their bloody phones now!! Enough said
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Within 5years Smartphones will be quite powerful.. thats just where the tech trends are going. Mini PCs and Consoles placed onto handhelds and dockable/sync-able to large screens. Our desktops (even laptops) are becoming dinosaurs now (well, except in the business world where thats gonna take much longer to transition).

Still.. yeah.. gaming industry is changing but its not like it can remain as its always been. Everything is moving so fast!!!
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think PC are going to stay quite a while.
They'll just get smaller.
Instead of occupying half the desk, they'll fit nicely behind the monitor.
Have a look at the latest ITX boards coming out; some of them are as powerful as an ATX board.
Same deal with graphics cards.
SFF cases get better and better, too. It won't take long for having powerful PCs behind monitors to become reality.
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really because PC hardware can't get much better than it is already except for marginal or side grade gains. Miniature designs and shrinking are allowed to catch up in terms of power for the first time in two decades. Now that we're at a wall of sorts for awhile now we're seeing the two equalize or normalizing with each other which is new to us. I'm not sure if a big part of the problem is hardware/software patents but I wouldn't doubt it if it's partially to blame for the slow in progress.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: