Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Microsoft's Vision of the Future [31849]
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:18 am    Post subject: Microsoft's Vision of the Future [31849] Reply with quote

Amazing 6 minute video, the future is looking good!

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Kompressor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This video is so stupid. They can put anything in it because it is the future. They should have put teleporters in it too, why not?

What is the point of this video anyway? Microsoft is not known for making things easy, human friendly, or seamless. Maybe if a-hole Steve Jobs lived forever then this future may happen.

Also, why are people still wearing glasses? Glasses makes this fictional future look bleak because either there is no lasik eye surgery in the future or no one can afford it, and Microsoft hasn't made any eye implants.
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
the future is looking good!

That is no good future, that is an overpaid design teams dream of lies and delusions hiding a fucked up hellish nightmare of a reality that they are promoting will be good because they aren't showing just how fucking much humanity will have become enslaved by a technocratic corporate dictatorship and all its methods, legal fiction of LIES made into law by morality deprived and conscienceless scumbags, digital currency, phony democratic garbage ie fascism through controlled media propaganda/ and filtered down twisted bullshit system education brainwashing.

To elitist psychopaths and their dark dreams of total degenerate policy power through its institutionalized retards to watch, collect & control the masses, especially the ones who aren't completely ignorant.

Aside from all that, all those interfaces look shallow and fake much like the actors who navigate these 'future' devices. Pffff I guess in such deprived stale future that's probably the best thing about their ignorant lives.

Anyone even read some of crap shown, like the women reading "Having a view to plants from the work station decreases the amount of self reported sick leave" lol right, this is how stupid they think people are and will continue to become, that little tid bits of information can explain things and people just take it for fact without reason because they just believe all that they told.. and not even detailed information.. big fucking fonts, and percentage statistics say so.. ! HOW FUCKING DUMB IS THIS FUTURE OF SHEEP... makes me sick because they'll will still be working for a criminal controlled system because of their ignorance, and yet I laugh at the stupidity of how all the information they will be given is only to direct them into being more productive drones! Ain't no real future of true enlightenment,knowledge, compassion etc.

Sad and fucking pathetic really.
Genoism
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys don't have lives outside video games. Believe it or not but a lot of companies envision it exactly like this. I would love it if i could easily share and comment on everything in my workplace like this. It would save countless wasted hours. Maybe when you get out into the real world you'll understand. Especially you koogle - to whom every company is a blood sucking corporation that only wants your wallet and has no actual interest in helping people....oh and every game should be pirated because you found a bug. Oh and every government has a secret conspiracy thats out to get you. You live in a sad world koogle.
-=WolverinE=-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Genoism wrote:
... It would save countless wasted hours. Maybe when you get out into the real world you'll understand.

Considering the variety of software that's out there, you don't "save" much time in practice. Some people still prefer command line to GUI, but that doesn't make them less effective.

Genoism wrote:
...every company is a blood sucking corporation that only wants your wallet and has no actual interest in helping people....

Name one pharmaceutical company that wants to help people... What you need to do is wake up, obviously. No one's after your wellbeing, because that's not how economic structure works in every company and organization. It's non-stop race for more profits-minimal expenses. It's a means to an end and that is the definition of the word business - wrapped in a diamond case, but rotten inside.

Does that mean that every organization is corrupt? No, but the ones that aren't eventually either close doors or become corrupted. A simple observation in the gaming history and development will provide the best examples, considering the board we're posting on.

As for the video, I haven't seen such crap in a long time. Made for millionaires, full of electromagnetic emitting devices that dig deep into your body and fuck you up real good and the worst thing - iPhone style... more like iCrap.
Penetreitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Interesting Reply with quote

Looks interesting..., but nobody talks in the future???

At difference with the Apple video, there is not brands here, hopefully there will still be smart people that doesn't accept Apple slavery...
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, augmented reality is coming, yes. But, there are a lot of things in this video that never gonna happen. A good example is rendering onto thin air.
There is one thing that I do not understand: How does it make us more productive than, say, a BlackBerry?
It surely makes us more ignorant than an iCrapple, but productive?
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

everything has already been said here. I just ask - where is my privacy in the future?! Everyone sees what I do on my phone, everyone sees what data I access at terminals, everything I do is transparent as are devices I do it on apparently...Why would I want everyone to see that I just texted my wife that I want her naked in 2 hours when I get home? Or does everyone needs to see that I just texted my doctor telling him that, let say, my ass is bleeding or something?! xD

and yes, that future looks fucking unaffordable for both public budget and individuals. Just don't tell me that in time technology will get much cheaper. Are the sneakers you wear cheaper today then they were 20 years ago? Technology behind is the same, woorkforce is cheaper etc. Is the new phone you bought cheaper then the one you got 5 years ago? It's made of cheaper materials, more mass produced, and generally has the same parts (or even less, keypads seems to be out of fashion atm), yet it even costs more then before, and guess what - it's primary function isn't even being a phone anymore, it's more about giant clocks or facebook under your fingertips, some even have a stupid facebook button Sad

point is: technology WILL get BETTER but it won't be cheaper. You will get more but you will always pay the same price. I was happy with my nokia 8110. I want to buy it again, but I can't. I can't because if I could it should cost ~10$ and I would have to go out and buy some smudgescreen phone for 300$.
desiredfx
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not 1 cord in the whole video, i guess they figured out wireless power as well.
We all know this if it could be done it wouldn't be done by Microsoft lets face it it would be an epic FAIL
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wireless power transmission has been invented by Nikola Tesla long time ago. Not only wireless but also free since the power would be coming from our ionosphere. The thing is, free power was a bit too much for leading industrialist and oil and coal corporations that were building "American dream". Today, there is a wireless power transmission in function, but it is not free. Only application of it that I saw was in tables that charge mobile phones that are placed on it...Besides, very small amounts of wireless power are being transmitted in form of radio waves, wireless internet, cell network etc.
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like they are pitching the Windows 8 UI in a sense. I really saw no practical use of anything let alone something that could be called an improvement. I still use my nokia clam shell cell phone because it's an actual phone. If I wanted to take pictures I would use my sweet digi cam with uber optical zoom. Facebook and the web is the other thing I could care less about on a small device. I don't need an online diary and I certainly don't want to dick around on mobile websites when I can use a computer.

Why is there always some sort of video phone call? It's been pitched since like the 1950's that we would have video phones. We've been able to do this cheaply for like ever but nobody actually cares. Seriously I don't care about video with the phone call and neither has the rest of society for sixty years.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, you can't always use your computer and mobile websites are almost history. Dicking around on Dell Streak is actually quite fun and enjoyable when you are without your computer and need to go online or do something...Although, it's not cheap, cheaper than new iPhone mind you, but not cheap.
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
well, you can't always use your computer and mobile websites are almost history. Dicking around on Dell Streak is actually quite fun and enjoyable when you are without your computer and need to go online or do something...Although, it's not cheap, cheaper than new iPhone mind you, but not cheap.

I got a couple of cheap chinese wm8650 via based tablets on the cheap. Flashed uberoid on them and the kids love em. HP Touchpad I share with the wife or use while waiting to pick said kids from school. Waiting for the HP to get some roms so I can flash it. The streak I've seen but not handled so no clue.

It doesn't seem like it's there though for an everyday thing imo. The phones are the way they are now so they can keep charging you the same high prices imo. Look at prepaid where I can pickup a slide samsung for like ten bucks and a free month of service. Things should be cheaper but it seems too many fall into the shiny blue button or whatever might look cool even if useless area.

Look at the prices people are paying for tablets witht he latest and greatest specs. It's the same or more than a much better laptop. The old Turion dual core lappy I bought my wife many years ago runs faster than these and it was about 450-500 years ago. It's insane how silly people seem to be.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HP isn't making mobile devices anymore, (excluding laptops) they got out of the market after acquiring Palm and WebOS. You are pretty much stuck with that HP as it is.

I won't go into argument about laptop/handheld phone, I am one of those who thinks handhelds are way overpriced, but you can't compare3-4kg (or God forbid those alienware 8kg monsters) laptop with 300-400grams handheld that can even fit your pocket. I was unfortunate enough to have to carry 15" laptop with me for 8-9 hours a day (on foot most of the time) and if I'd had to do it again, I'd go for tablet without even blinking. I'd even go for tablet for casual things and time passing. It's VERY annoying when I am on the plane and have to figure out what to do with laptop everytime someone needs to shit/piss/eat/fetch something...that's just one example, and dual core 1ghz arm on tegra ain't too much behind your old dual core laptop, if at all Wink
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
HP isn't making mobile devices anymore, (excluding laptops) they got out of the market after acquiring Palm and WebOS. You are pretty much stuck with that HP as it is.

I won't go into argument about laptop/handheld phone, I am one of those who thinks handhelds are way overpriced, but you can't compare3-4kg (or God forbid those alienware 8kg monsters) laptop with 300-400grams handheld that can even fit your pocket. I was unfortunate enough to have to carry 15" laptop with me for 8-9 hours a day (on foot most of the time) and if I'd had to do it again, I'd go for tablet without even blinking. I'd even go for tablet for casual things and time passing. It's VERY annoying when I am on the plane and have to figure out what to do with laptop everytime someone needs to shit/piss/eat/fetch something...that's just one example, and dual core 1ghz arm on tegra ain't too much behind your old dual core laptop, if at all Wink

I got the touchpad for 99 16GB. It was cheap because it was discontinued Smile. There are some peeps working on an android rom for it. You can pretty much find a custom rom for almost any device these days.

You know what app I use if I do have the tabby? GasBuddy.com That's actually useful. Anyways my mom has a nook color which is nice as well. I might eventually get a specific tabby for myself since ebooks are becoming easier and easier to get. I can get new books fast and free (stealing). Only problem I have is I prefer actual book and have used book stores that do trades in the area so we'll see.

We would agree on handheld and general gadget overpricing I wager. I can't help but shake my head at people that do things just because it's there even if it's useless. Twitter anyone? I assume I'll be a hipster in the near future with actual flesh and blood friends that hold conversations.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: