Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

FPS maps. Now vs Then [29937]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:17 am    Post subject: FPS maps. Now vs Then [29937] Reply with quote

Ahh, the good old days when FPS games took place in huge locations with dozens of rooms, where you were running around for hours, chasing keycards and what not. (big thanks Diggital Battle)

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad, but true.
Ozieo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed Sad, but on the other side, noobs like great looking cutscenes because they suck on raw gaming. For them every cutscene is a great achievement. Smile
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it as a perfect example of the different people and how the games are produced today compared to then.

Consoles with it's simple rudimentary controls and unchanging requirements. Strict rules that actually prevent thinking outside of the box or doing something that isn't already planned or forseen. This shows in games today as you won't find anything new or groundbreaking as this would break the guidelines of the console market. Quantity over quality as you market and create a game that anyone can play regardless of what was originally dreamed up.

People are much different now. Developers that now help create these games are a different beast altogether. When I was in college I could find programs written for one or two simple things written in assembly that looked and worked perfectly and better than anything today. These weren't shareware programs they were free. Today we have shareware galore with programs that focus on the pretty UI sparklies or just don't work out of the box or remain a WIP.

I still don't use most of what Windows installs and it hasn't changed since windows 3.1 and 95. My copy of office 95 and 97 still contain all the functionality that I require in everything I have done since they were released 99.9% of the time (I own 95 97 2000 2003 xp and the latest version).

Gaming is in a sad state as with much of everything PC wise which is why I mainly have rts and mmo titles these days. Anyways who cares I have plenty of books I can read.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: