Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

BioShock [24198]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: BioShock [24198] Reply with quote

Developed by 2K Boston/2K Australia (previously Irrational Games), BioShock is a first-person shooter set in the fantastically unsettling city of Rapture, a metropolis built under the sea by the megalomaniacal Andrew Ryan. Basically you start the game as an unknown male ...read a full review

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an incredible game and it takes quite a bit of playing to eventualy open up the 'meat' of the upgrades and of course to see the error of your ways....or not re; the 'little sisters' Wink
Only problem i had was with one level whereby it kept saying (bottom of screen pressing Escape) that i still had to 'rescue' one little sister and the game would be harder etc,etc???
Turned out that this is a bug for that level -forum full of that problem.
Quit completely and reload save seemed to cure it.

Other than that agree with the 100%. There's a lot of fun to be had with the permutations of traps!
Shaligar
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember a 100 in gameguru reviews, and I must say this is the game that most deserves it.

Even tho, I found what in my opinion are some flaws. But those are only personal differences in my views, so you I guess can't blame them on the game.

I find the story a bit sketchy at the end, even with the sound recorders you collect, looks a bit like they didn't knew how to end it.

Also, I think death without any penalties is too convenient. Yeah, you are gonna load the game if you die, but this way enables you to exploit it, like saving first aid kits while killing a big daddy near a 'reviving machine'.

Perhaps they should have remained in the System Shock style, making you enable the vitachambers before being able to use them.

Other than that, it has been the best game I have played in a long time, and ran very well on my slightly aged computer, at max settings! Very Happy
th4t1guy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...a 100%. I guess now I know which website to ignore game reviews from.
baal
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

100%??? c`mon gameguru

it`s just another shooter, stopped playing after level 3
nb411
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baal wrote:
100%??? c`mon gameguru

it`s just another shooter, stopped playing after level 3

Exactly the reason you are confused. Wink
Nosferatu
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't agree more with HX. Absolutely incredible game, enjoying every second of it. Only I would give it 99% because I'm getting crashes with the High detail shaders option (7600gt, latest drivers). Otherwise it's a completely 100% experience!
darknothing
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

really eh? wow, i came through alot of bugs and glitches in my retail version of the game....

ai being spawned every time you click on the bee hives scripted ai everywhere.. the world isnt what they said it would be... they said it be like oblivion but i find theres no reason to go back to the levels you been through, so theres no replay value to this game...it is just another shooter, but its the best looking one out so far.
Ainstain Junior
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Bioshock Reply with quote

I dont remember a 100% percent review to guys...This game is totaly Awesome a near perfect job my opinion.The plasmids are very fun to play,the weapons are not something special(TommyGun)etc and i would like it more open and non linear.I will give it a 97% and my opinion i recomend it to all that want a totaly new FP experience.
djdidge
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great game... lots of new concepts, gorgeous visuals... BUT

I'm near the end and im pretty bored to be honest.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: