Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl [23527]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl [23527] Reply with quote

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is a survival sci-fi first-person shooter set in the near-future Chernobyl exclusion zone. According to the game story, there happens a second explosion in the heart of Chernobyl to generate the Zone - a 30 square kilometers ...read a full review

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
RRojasFX
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!

It's a great game, but the graphic engine is too heavy.

Notice that dawn and dusk by the same side.
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loving every bit of this game so far Smile
Strelok

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best combat AI comparing to other FPS games + if you add new weapon sounds, from http://stalker.filefront.com/files/Stalker/Mods;3785
then nothing is better.
darknothing
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love this game, there lots of noticeable bugs throwout the game that arnt hard to miss at all, but the game play and atmosphere are great, i jsut wish there was a working coop mode out there.
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give it time darknothing, I'm pretty sure you will see a co-op mod in perhaps 2 or 3 months time Smile
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

although I know HX is just supporting his countrymen or something, I'd recommend that before you buy this game, get the demo download a copy or something and check it out first. This game is maybe a 6.5/7.5/10 at the most. Sick sound, poorly optimized gfx, next to no physics, horrible user interface, no drivable vehicles, zero bob, no weapons sway at all much less environment noise.

I was major huge on this game when I heard about it and was hyped like a SOB but after buying it, I got bored playing it. Beta helped for that. The sound sucks worse than Farcry(why can't Euros do sound in games? I don't know). The gfx are dated, maybe if you have a more recent card than my 7600 maybe it looks better however I saw this game on a 7950 and at high quality it didn't look anywhere better than mine. Smoother if anything but even then stuttered on the 7950...

85 to me is major exaggeration. I'd give this game no more than 65-70. It's just a notch above average but even then missing lots of things and the 'quality' edge is just no there. Don't know what happened over the years, but as some suspected, time was not nice to this game. Very mediocre if not boring game.

Really too bad this game ended up the way it did imo. At least Quake Wars looks promising and I got some decent stuff to play.
Ainstain Junior
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the combat to Streloc and the Non linear feeling its great,grafics are great,very cool weapons and a large arsenal,anomalys are No10,the mutants are scary and clever Ai.Some of the good things.Now some of the bad things.A lot of bugs,crapy side missions,Human characters are mediocre,not a Hollywood style game,bad script and some you know crazy stuf.!!With a little job more we will tallking about a 95% game.I expect a better game for all of the years that worked..!My opinion you have to play it.Finish it its another matter some times its so unfair you want to brake the screen.!!A 87% from me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: