Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Ultima X: Odyssey Cancelled [16283]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:08 am    Post subject: Ultima X: Odyssey Cancelled [16283] Reply with quote

GameSpy is reporting that Ultima X Odyssey, a new MMOG based in the Ultima universe using the Unreal Engine, has been cancelled by Electronic Arts. There are no layoffs associated with the move as the rest of the staff will be absorbed into existing Ultima Online projects. A spokesperson said the game

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
torracat
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I swear. EA is the worst thing that could have happened to the Ultima Series of games. Ultima IX was butchered because they tried to treat the development process of an in depth RPG like a "Madden Sports" title. Then Ultima Worlds Online: ORIGEN was scrapped so that the can "focus more on Ultima Online". And now they have scrapped another title for the sake of Ultima online. When are they ever going to move on? UO is still really popular, but after 5 years, I bet the people are looking for something more. I would.

EA does not mix business with creativity very well. they only stick with the sure bets. its all about money and the bottom line for them. they are not in this business at all to make great games for the people. it is obvious to me that the games are simply a means to an end to them.
meh
nobodyspecial
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad they scrapped this title, they've screwed up the Ultima series since EA took over. I hope they don't do anything else with the series, they've put nothing but crap out since Ultima 8. I was a huge fan of the original series but the latter games really spoiled it for me after Ultima 7. Agree with torracat that creativity does not do well with EA. Let them keep making their sports titles, sims, and medal of honor sequels, stay out of Ultima and rpgs all together.
The Outlaw

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you guys that EA has no creativity. But just to add for the record even the sports title of EA are of no use. I remember EA had launched Cricket 1999 It didnt have any left handed batsmen....................... LOL Razz

The only good title according to me that EA has ever launched is the NFS series
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: