Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Xbox 360 costs $698, says Sony 'fact sheet' [22540]
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

miglaugh wrote:
devilhood wrote:
Ravenheart wrote:
Why get a AM2 when u can get a Core 2 Duo that beats all the top AMD CPUs?

My Core 2 E6700 w/ GeForce 7950 GX2 is arriving on monday or tues, and I can't wait to OC it to 3.6 GHz on air with a Thermalright XP-120 and Sharkoon 120mm Smile
The machine ate up a lot of cash though Shocked

Stumpus, I wouldn't put it past M$ to release an XBox361 Laughing

Why on earth would you spend that kind of money on a DX9 card when DX10 is a few short months away?

If I'm going to spend a lot of money on something I usually do it when it won't become obsolete in one quarter. I know it will happen eventually, but still.

If the hype is to be believed about DX10, it will be a much more profound shift in technology than DX7 to DX8 was, or DX8 to DX9 was. There will have to be a special subsystem installed on winXP for the DX10 games to even execute, let alone perform and look thier best. Unified shaders is going to shake things up a bit.

Not to be rude though Mig, but ever heard of eBay? Razz

I normally sell off my previous gear privately or on eBay if and when I'm able to upgrade to a newer model, regardless of it being an individual component or an entire system; so when a DX10 card comes out, I can safely buy it knowing that there is still a market for previous generation cards, which still pack a punch money-wise.
Safer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was acctualy at a shop that had the 42" Sony bravia screen - and the modell I mentioned, is the bigger bad brother of the series Very Happy Full 1080p High Definition display - the mother of all... bravias... hmm

My boss, which has a preference for projectors instead is trying to convert me to the lines, but a projector has no room in my room - so to speak - not to mention that all of the m- every single one has crappy constrast and gamma compared to a screen.

Got to mention that I have old 486DX2 standing in a storage comparment (as I don't have enough room for all my stuff unpacked) with the lovely Windows 3.11 installed Wink I got the original floppies to boot lying around here, somewhere...
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya ok stumpus...lol

[to finish]

I bought a 7600 which is lower cost than yours and provided sufficient fps.

-I upgrade to AM2 because 939 is discontinued and a waste of money
-A8N while at it's time was decent, it's a mid-low range mobo.limited sata and only 1 PCI-E card.. not dual.
-DDR2-800 is nearly double the preformance of your overpriced DDR1(Ballistix, gimme a break, hello marketing for suckers). My DDR that cost less than yours performed at the same rates. Certainly not noticable.
-firewire and 8usb port, 8 sata drives(5 of which I am using)

I paid 37% more than the cost of your CPU and got a complete system that smokes my old A8NE, 3D Marks and Sisoft to prove it too. I'm never limited to just buying around town, I find the cheapest prices worldwide to buy my parts.

But lets wait for your, god of games, Crysis to come out. Cuz I look forward to hearing you gripe about your performance.

You'll be upgrading again, you're just too stupid to realize it.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's ok i know i'm not worthy, the god of everything -as usual- belittles everyone elses opinion.

Quote:
A8N while at it's time was decent, it's a mid-low range mobo.limited sata and only 1 PCI-E card.. not dual.

Thank you daddy i didn't know that when i bought it -i was wondering why i only bought one PCI-E graphics card....and two didn't come out when i opened the box..

Quote:
But lets wait for your, god of games, Crysis to come out. Cuz I look forward to hearing you gripe about your performance.

You'll be upgrading again, you're just too stupid to realize it.

Oh here we GO again............................shit for brains (xxxx) has this UNCANNY ability to not only PREDICT that Crysis will run like crap ONLY on my machine? Or will it run brilliantly on other peoples machines that are lower spec? Or is it just a vendeta?? BUT he says it's my GOD of GAMES WOW! Shocked
The only thing i DO know is that there has been NO demo been released; xxxx is seriously disturbed and missing social interaction with his carers.
AND that my GOD of GAMES isn't Crysis -there, i've said it. Don't cry now xxxx...sorry but it's R:TW or soon to be M:TW2 -sadly they run excellently....how sad is that for you Sad
What about Operation Flashpoint 2 being my second GOD of GAMES?

Anyway, if you want you can buy me Crysis -since you soooo want me to have it eh? AND you can even come over to the UK to see how it plays? We can even invite the local TV news round to film your 'wondrous' moment and read out your 'predicted' speech? If not you can contact the local news now and tell them you have a 'story' before it happens -although they may transfer your call......if you see what i mean Wink

Anyway, have fun talking to your self!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: