Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Just Cause demo [22161]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Just Cause demo [22161] Reply with quote

Eidos has released

a playable demo (local US mirror ~ 576MB) for
Just Cause, allowing you to try out the upcoming PC/PS2/Xbox/Xbox 360 action game by Avalanche Studios (SE). In this single player demo: Liberate a village, assassinate some political leaders, and explore the beautiful island of San Esperi

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
yhancik

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had never heard of that game before, but the previews look quite good

i might give it a try
djRom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan on downloading the demo tonight when I get home from work. Smile

I too have never really heard of the game. Or atleast followed it enough to remember it.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
djRom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I just got done playing through the demo...

Wow...This is like a (good) cross between GTA, Hitman and a hint of Max Payne. This is definitely a must try for any action shooters.

I do warn this though, it seemed pretty easy, as there was a lot of health pick ups. But I think the point of the game is pulling off kewl tricks, killing people, and being in huge fire fights, not so much being the most accurate or whatever. Its just plain fun.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nb411
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep well said Rom. This game is about pure fun and luckily its minor flaws don't get in the way too much.
djRom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, thank you. ^-^

Besides, my other minor qualm was when I was driving, it was a bit weird because you would get tunnel vision very quickly. Though I think it was harder because my computer was chopping it up a little bit at some parts. I didn't bother changing the video settings since I figured in this day and age, programs should know best. And clearly, they still haven't perfected that. lol

I will probably play it again tonight, and actually look at the controls, and video/audio settings. Oh yeah, and hitting hte enter key is kind of annoying in the middle of battles with those tutorial things.

The boat part was fun, and so was jumping off a cliff and shooting out my parachute. Very fun game, especially since you are strapped for time, in time with the sun setting.

Still, a must play, and I will probably be picking it up.
yhancik

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn, my computer is having hard times too

i'm sure that if i could disable those shadows it would be alright

i didn't play much, but indeed it's great, although the way you don't control the movement with the mouse is a little disturbing at first (for a PC game)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: