Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Monday Tech Reading - Happy Birthday WWW! [22035]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Monday Tech Reading - Happy Birthday WWW! [22035] Reply with quote

Happy Birthday World Wide Web! 15 years ago today,
Tim Berners-Lee publicly released his
WWW project onto the Internet.

The original alt.hypertext posting is still available, thanks to Google Groups: "The WWW project merges the techniques of information retrieval and hypertext to make an easy bu

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
djRom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back! ^-^
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow already back! Ah, posting from a cafe after all. eh? Make sure the wife is occupied Laughing

Hehehe

@Pink Floyd - Pulse.

I still prefer the original recordings. But I have the video Pink Floyd Live 8 in great quality and that video is priceless to me because it's all of Floyd and not just someone running around making money off of anothers lyrics.. Without Water, there would have been no success for any of these guys, David Gilmours own music blows unless you go back to the 70's. He writes like a child imo. Pulse is ok I guess if you like the 'newer' Floyd.. Smile
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Chuck patch. Brilliant thinking though to finally get him to encorporate his patch into Official drivers..DUH! Like everything ATI does, it's SLOW, slow slooowww
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heretic wrote:
xxxx wrote:
I still prefer the original recordings. But I have the video Pink Floyd Live 8 in great quality and that video is priceless to me because it's all of Floyd and not just someone running around making money off of anothers lyrics.. Without Water, there would have been no success for any of these guys, David Gilmours own music blows unless you go back to the 70's. He writes like a child imo. Pulse is ok I guess if you like the 'newer' Floyd..

I have had the Pulse VHS version for several years and have always thought it was great. The light show, the effects, and the glorious music put on by 3/4 of the Floyd and some fine suplementary players....Possibly the most damning thing for me personally, though, is the female vocals in "Great Big Gig in the Sky": it's my favorite track from Dark Side, but they basically destroy it in this version (especially the 3rd and last vocalist). There's also a bit of a breakdown in "Money", apparently also from the backup ladies getting a bit lost :-]

BTW: I also bought Slayer - Christ Illusion and was blown away!! The band still sounds as tough as it always has, but the return of Lombardo seems to have given them a kick in the ass. Much like Gene Hoglan, Lombardo can elevate an album just on the strength of his drum work. There are times during this album when I was simply unable to listen to what else was happening because I was mesmerized by his energy! :-]

The album definitely has a theme - perhaps their strongest ever- "anti-religion"----anti-islam, anti-christianity, and blames the conflict in the middle east on a clash between islam and christianity....

You gotta love Slayer. Or you gotta hate them. Those are the only two options. No middle ground!! Smile

xxxx wrote:
@ Chuck patch. Brilliant thinking though to finally get him to encorporate his patch into Official drivers..DUH! Like everything ATI does, it's SLOW, slow slooowww

ATI is dead...at least for me.

Slayer rocks man, ya Lombardo rocks as drummer, he's one of my favorite. I actually haven't heard this album yet, but I will check it out tonite likely. I just read some on it and it seems awesome.. Didn't even know about it because music stations here suck so bad!!!

ATI was dead for me forever when I got rid of that junk X800 card.. I have never looked back since getting my 7600, though my interest in the upgrade game is diminishing as we speak... but now that I have this 20" widescreen monitor I might reconsider... Have to wait for G80...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: