Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Half-Life 2 Episodes Q&A [20992]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Half-Life 2 Episodes Q&A [20992] Reply with quote

C&VG has posted a brief Q&A with Valve's Robin Walker talking about creating a storyline for Half-Life 2 episodes, plot advancement, more Alyx Vance, the Vortigaunts and multiplayer plans. Here's a taster:

Q: Episode One is a new in the Half-Life story. Was delivering such episodes part of yo

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
JDR13
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valve is basically saying, screw the consumer, instead of releasing an expansion pack we're going to chop it up into smaller episodes so we can make more money.

4-6 hours of gameplay!? F*** you Valve! Is it going to be another $39.99
game I can finish in a single day like Blue Shift was.
KingArthur
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pay $9.95 for a 2 hour movie so I would pay $19.95 for a 4 hour game, (as long as its good) but not $39.99.
Jarhad
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So quick to insult people. Rolling Eyes $17.99, less than $19.95. Most expansions cost more than double that and give you less than twice the content.
JDR13
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarhad wrote:
So quick to insult people. Rolling Eyes $17.99, less than $19.95. Most expansions cost more than double that and give you less than twice the content.

Where are you getting $17.99 from? Don't tell me you actually believe a price quote from Amazon. No one knows at this point how much the expansion is going to cost.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee and people were saying I was a idiot cuz I think Valve sucks. Suck it down boys! It ain't about the player, Valve's ONLY concern is to make money off you players! Their support also sucks. They concern themselves with CS and DOD and those communities are like "Thanks!!" but yet oblivious to fact they may have fixed the game but they did shit to stop the hackers. What about DM? That lagfest they call Deathmatch? Where's the innovation, where is the new stuff? Where is the fucking fixes? And what about the "Oh the next few months are going to be great for HL2 community". BS. That's all it was BS and a sales pitch line for DOD!! DM has no support cuz Valve couldn't give a shit about the DM community, much less even LOOK AT THE PROBLEMS IN STEAM FORUMS! Even more look at the diminishing DM community!!!! I can hardly find a decent server and the servers I do find there is some fag that is using a bunny hopping script. Pffff Valve/Gabe and the whole crew are a bunch of idiots. Not only that Valve is a BUNCH OF LIARS but they are a bunch of money gouging whores! VAC is BS and it hasn't stopped any active aimbots in the past 4months and COUNTING! I play HL2 when I am bored and even then there are just way better games out there with way better companies behind them. I'm playing so many titles that these days Gabe could hang himself by his sub wrapper and I wouldn't care.

I stand and continue to stand by the fact.
- Valve sucks
- HL2 sucks
- Gabe is gay and loves filling his face with subs
- DM is total garbage
- Valve is a bunch of money hungry bitches that don't care about the community or the communities concern
- VAC is pure marketing and you can use nearly any aimbot+wallhack and not concern yourself with being banned. For your information, a friend of mine continues to play with the SAME aimbot+wallhack just to piss others off in HL2 (sad, but that's his life, his fun)

So before anyone tries a positive rant on Valve or HL2, get your fucking facts straight. Magazines and everything can say HL2 is the shit. Well actually it's more like your brain is shit cuz you obviously are too blind to figure it out. Maybe when someone forwards you their current aimbot+wallhack in action via FRAPS maybe then you will clue in to the REAL QUALITY of HL2. Valve doesn't hide for nothing and only come out for dumb magazines and sites.. And another fact for all of you. BEFORE ANY INTERVIEW VALVE DOES THEY LIST WHAT YOU CAN AND CAN'T ASK AND THEY TELL YOU WHAT YOU CAN AND CAN'T PUBLISH. I've been told this by someone on a prominent game review site.. No, not ggmania.

Thank you. Come again.
Jarhad
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDR13 wrote:
Jarhad wrote:

Where are you getting $17.99 from? Don't tell me you actually believe a price quote from Amazon. No one knows at this point how much the expansion is going to cost.

The game is $19.99, but Amazon is going to sell it for only $17.95... and doesn't require the $29.99 HL2 package. What other expansion doesn't require the original game? Either way, the price was right. If you think they pump crap out for money only, why do their products go on a Top 10 Selling games list for months on end? I'd assume your answer is that people are stupid. Maybe they are, but why do their products get tons of high reviews, lots of positive feedback, and even GOTY awards? They're not Microsoft, they can't buy everyone's oppinion. And as far as Valve is concerned, as long as they keep doing their stuff, it doesn't really matter what you think because compared to everything else out, it's the best we have.

If you're dumb enough to think Half-Life 2 is the pit of poor gaming, you obviously have never heard of Tomb Raider. How about Uwe Boll; can't get enough of his House Of The Dead-quality movies, can you? All his movies are based on decent games. Or how about nearly all game expanions ever made? The company makes a game, it gets popular, then they make a crappy 3rd-party developer create the game, they do nothing, and sit back and enjoy a flow of income just because they own the rights to the game? I respect Valve for releasing HL2, going through and releasing content like DM for free. You're annoyed that DM turned out crappy, but you'd be pissed if you spent $30 on it. How about the introduction of updates nearly every week? I have a question for you. Did you know Blizzard recently released a small, but nevertheless important, patch for Starcraft? yes, a game now 7 years old still gets fixes any when even the smallest problem is discovered. Pretty impressive, huh? Now did you know Valve still does that for HL and CS:S? Probably not, because people who use Steam take updates for granted. One less thing for people to worry about.

And if you think Valve "hides" from people, give them an email. You can get a reply from Gabe Newell within a day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: