Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Half-Life 2: Aftermath = Half-Life 2: Episode One [20895]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Half-Life 2: Aftermath = Half-Life 2: Episode One [20895] Reply with quote

GameSpot is reporting that Aftermath, the upcoming expansion pack to the award-winning 2004 shooter Half-Life 2, has been renamed "Half-Life 2: Episode One. When asked whether the name change is indicative of a change in direction for the Half-Life 2 franchise, Valve marketing director Doug Lombardi

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Nosferatu
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well they'd better release their episodic content on a more regular basis, because if they carry on the same way it's not episodic really.
And then in about 3 or 4 episodes (2-2,5 years) the engine would probably be archaic unless they've got something miraculous up their sleeve for us Smile
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what? I'm bored already....i was *once* looking forward to the 'ending' of HL2. Now i can't be arsed with commercial cash-cow releases..ZZzzzzzz

'Aftermath' should have been released and CONCLUDED the HL2 franchise. VALVE live in their own we world ala MS or EA Rolling Eyes
The engine is soooo dated (graphicaly) compaired with FEAR and what the next load of games will present to us (UT7 for eg). I suppose then it's the stereo typical market we have now...gamers out there will buy anything -attention span of a goldfish!
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen Stumpus! Not to mention the influx of cheats and the lie that surrounds VAC. Pfff, I got better things to do. Though there is 1 mod I am kinda waiting for and hope to help make maps for. But if it flops. Goodbye HL2.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: