Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Power Consumption of Modern Graphics Cards [20821]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Power Consumption of Modern Graphics Cards [20821] Reply with quote

X-bit labs take a closer look at the power consumption of modern graphics cards:

Quite naturally, the Radeon X1800 XT 512MB consumes a lot more power than the rest of the graphics cards used here in both idle and high-performance modes. In fact, its power consumption is close to that of premium solutions

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
No.21
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good that they brought it up, as it is an hidden cost when you buy an Gfx card. But.... not so extensiv on the possibilities you can check up on. What i mean is that i have wondered on how low you can go with the X18/900 cards. As you can dynamically change with software how much V you can feed the card with(GPU and Mem). So, they should test that, as i think that you can save pretty much on that when the card is idle. Something like AMD,s C&Q, Intel,s EIST. That they put more research on that and use in marketing would be a good idea, but especially for the enviorment and the consumers. As they save some €$£ when the energy bills come.
And it seems like ATi,s cards doesn't underclock itself more compared to the Nvidia cards, i wonder why :S . Hopefully ATi will do something about it in their drivers. But, if "YOU" have one of those card, then underclock it baby Cool

Have done it with my card to an range where it doesn't create a split second distortion when it changes clock,s from 2D to 3D and vice versa.

Use tools/software like: Ati Tool from www.techpowerup.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: