Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Fight Night Round 3 shots (Xbox 360) [20565]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Fight Night Round 3 shots (Xbox 360) [20565] Reply with quote

EA SPORTS has released 3 new Xbox 360 images of

Fight Night Round 3, their upcoming boxing game for PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, PS3 and PSP. The game will ship in February 2006.

Electronic Arts announced today that Oscar De La Hoya will serve as cover athlete and spokesman for EA SPORTS Fight Night Round 3. Olym

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
yessum

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

those backgrounds look real nice.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disgusting that they only do these games for CONSOLE. I'd LOVE to have a boxing game that looked this great on PC. If you could duel with ur buddy over the internet, oh my god that would be funny. I see ZERO reason they can't do a game that looks just as good if not better for PC.
yessum

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Controls.

When they port games onto the pc they don't have game pads in mind.
So, any console game ported to the pc is either very simple in movement wise (wasd + mouse for camera) or with a static camera (wasd and some buttons for extra menus. MGS2:Substance was a pain to play with a keyboard.). But, nothing in the terms of sensitivity of the controls. With an analog stick (for consoles and pc) you can measure the strength of your punches. From a soft flick to a hard flick on the analog stick you can either walk or run and other many other things.

And you can't have sensitivity for the keyboard keys. And that's all they're developing for. Keyboard/Mouse combo. In all honesty, if you want to play with a game pad go buy yourself a console. Razz Cool
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm, there is not much difference if any from a console gamepad to a PC Gamepad. Hate to say. Obviously you don't play many PC gamepad games, you seem very out of touch.

I play Prince of Persia with joypad as well as soccer, hockey, football and god knows how many.

I'm still waiting for the first smart company to output a boxing game on PC, clean up in sales and then watch the others jump on the clone boat to make their games.
yessum

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course lots of people play with game pads. I play pes4 with a game pad. Substance with a game pad. Heck, my n64 emulator runs on three Logitech game pads.

The thing is; when developers have to port the games they don't have game pads in mind. PC games are meant to be played with a keyboard. Or so the standard is nowadays. That's why most, if not all, games come with a default wasd config. Heck, even the recently released I-NINJA only has keyboard controls. It would've been a lot easier with a game pad, but the developers never made it possible.

You see? There are a lot of kids playing pc games with game pads. But, the developers feel that the game, if it has to be ported onto the pc, should use the keyboard. Those who want to experience the fluid controls at the palm of their hands should really go out and try the console version. $$$$$$$$

It’s just the way I see it. If devs had a game pad in mind, like the one you posted, they'd easily port games. It would be easy. They're looking for comfort and enjoyment. A game that features both analog sticks would be a pain to port and a hell of an impossible task to play on the keyboard. Wink

Substance comes to mind. Took me forever to play it with the keyboard. Then I got pissed and bought a ps2-look-alike pc controller, borrowed a ps2 manual and set the controls like they were on the ps2 and it was surprisingly easier to play and more fun.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if they don't think of it when there is a huge market and LOTS of pc games played with gamepads then they are pretty dumb developers imo. You are right. Either way, if the game support keyboard, a gamepad today can be programmed to simulate a keyboard. So I still don't see why they can't bring a game like this to PC. Just imagine boxing your best friend over the internet. To me that would be immense fun. I'm not a console person and couldn't care for them in the least. So even a boxing game that looks this good on Xbox, pfff, who cares. Put it on PC then I'll care.
yessum

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that once companies like Logitech, Saitek and any other controller manufacturing company would stick to the ps2-like design or the xbox design and developers were able to map out the controls and set them as they would for the ps2/xbox then porting would be a lot easier. But, what if not everyone has a controller and goes on about how game pads aren’t as good as the modern keyboard. There’s a bunch of those “Keyboard-is-the-best-game-pad-ever” freaks and they’d be right back in the 80’s when the sold controller was a joystick with three buttons, but nowadays they’re dead wrong.

I had to design a game in engineering three years ago, though the project failed, mapping the keys wasn't that hard and making them permanent wasn't difficult at all. Logitech comes with profiler and saitek comes with some other profiler-like program so all devs would have to do was to map out keys for every 'popular' (under 20$) game pad.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: