Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Rumor - GTA: London for PS3 in Q4/2006 [20514]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:55 am    Post subject: Rumor - GTA: London for PS3 in Q4/2006 [20514] Reply with quote

Joystiq.com currently has a story up that the next installment in the GTA series will be titled Grand Theft Auto: London and will take place in the Great City of London in 1997: of London.uot; Unlocked regions are to include the North End, South End, and West End, in order. The game is supposed to be about

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Jelster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always felt this is an area where games really should move into and to some respects GTA should be appluaded for pursuing this more than anyone.

The technology now isn't anywhere near capable but Google Earth is getting there. What am I talking about. Well how cool would it be to have an entire State or country scanned in. Each road, each house accuratley modelled and mapped. You could drive around your own neighbourhood and familiar streets. Its a dimension I think is currently lacking in games.

With BluRay storage sizes and next gen 3d power capabilities the only hurdle really is the capturing of this information. GTA has pretty much had the road layout done for a couple generations now, I just can't think of a practical way of getting at least some building details into the game without it needing to be done all by hand.

Still with Carmack pumping all his cash into rockets, who knows he might just build a scanning satellite to bring gaming into the next generation. Smile
yessum

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure in a few years time when optics are cheap as dirt and next-next-gen-consoles would have 24/7 connection a mmorpg of the whole world would be created.

Sim World: A Real Life Adventure (MMORPG)

*Learn to fly a plane.
Fly from Toronto, Ontario to Tokyo, Japan or vice versa! Use any of the world-known airports and fly to anywhere you want. Don’t want to fly? Buy a ticket!

*30 Real-To-Life plane models.
99% Flight realism. Flying a plane has never been so difficult, but it's never been so fun!

*Meet people from all around the world.
Communicate and make friends with people from four million miles away while sitting on the couch.

*Realistic physics.
Drive, Run, Swim, Jump all within 99.999% real-to-life realism. Don’t jump from the fourth floor. You’ll break a leg and hospital bills are a doozey to pay!

*Learn To Drive.
Meet Ted, the obnoxious driving instructor, follow the road signs to receive your license.

*99 Car Models.
Run down to a nearby Mercedes shop and pick yourself up a brand new car to drive all around your city, or contact a friend in Tokyo, Japan and have him import you a never-before seen, in North America, a jet-car.

*Over 400 hours of complete gameplay.
Work at a store. Join gangs. Go shopping. Go clubbing. Make your own virtual life a real life. Do anything and everything your heart desires. S

*Play as yourself.
Photograph your face in. Design your godlike body. Color your hair. Complete with customizable cheekbones. Create the you; you want the online world to see!

*Own your own house.
With the newly created engine the whole world is at your purchase. Buy the villa next door to your crummy house and live the life of your neighbors.

*Relationships.
Get a girlfriend/boyfriend/husband/wife. Need a cheap divorce? Message Bob from third floor and get a quick divorce in less than twelve pings.

*24 hour system.
Need to go shopping for a gun at 3am so you can shoot someone? Too bad your dealer is sleeping.

*Money/Jobs
Nothing is free. Nobody likes to work. Complete small tasks and make money. Sell stolen merchandize. Sell anything! Make money the no-work way!

*Xbox3/PS4/Nintendo/PC compatible.
Got a friend with an xbox but you only have a playstation and you want to play together? No problem. The newly designed network allows all system to connect to the same network.

*Free.
Completely free. Well the game price will be 69.99, but no monthly fees what so ever.

The whole world is your playground. The question is; Can you come out to play?

Sim World: A Real Life Adventure (MMORPG) coming to the system near you in 2011.

HAHAHAHAHAH. Yeah. Hahahaha. What a man is willing to do to occupy his time when he’s bored. HAHAHHA I H8 THE HOLIDAYS!
Jelster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn you need to put some movies and games to one side before next xmas. Smile

Still I know what you mean, all that time off sounds great but everything grinds to a halt so there is nothing to do.

I just drink and sleep. Smile

You forgot one thing. SimInternet. Why limit your virtual interaction to just those people in your local virtual environment. Log onto the SimInternet and browse webpages, chat via IM hell you can even download and play one of the popular MMORPGs.

Now I must go and see if I left any bleach under the sink, I'm getting thirsty. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: