Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Call of Duty 2 [20215]
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jelster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd probably say 91% was just about right if a little high. I've just finished playing the SP of CoD2 and would say it equals CoD1 although is much better then UO (that gave me a nasty scripty taste in my mouth). Frankly as many have said, looking past the shallow exterior this is a fun run and gun game.

That said there really isn't much new here. They've patched up the Q3 engine to give some new eye candy, recorded lots of actors and implemented a health system that means they don't need to balance the levels as much. Its also incompatible with X2 processors which I'd luckily read up on before being frustrated during missions (Use STARTAFFINITY and assign one CPU to the game and it'll work fine).

Do I regret buying it? Probably not, I got a good weekend out of it and I expect the MP will be fun once IW get someone to release the expansion pack to put in all the features they left out. (spot the frustrated gamer).

As for HL2 I agree its the better game, I enjoyed it more, the world was more... realised. Even now when I hear crows outside my house I think of HL2. Smile The game left an impression and considering this is a sequal it certainly brought a lot more to the table than CoD2 has. And I'm not a big Valve fan either, I just respect good work.

What should CoD2 have brought to the table to be considered the same? Well without changing the dynamics of the game how about full physics and destructable environments? Perhaps take on the war from the German perspective? or pick some lesser known nations, maybe even resistance forces? Introduce classes for the single player games which would allow you to take on the same missions but as a medic, sniper, engineer etc. Hell I don't know, I just don't see anything new here.
The Outlaw

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well wat I think that they could have made some changes in gameplay not just graphics. Even with better graphics and no change in gameplay its just gonna be COD1 with some more missions.

They could have made it more strategic and more flexible like choosing your own path and all.... well u know wat i mean to say.

Although above all that debate it still is a Good game, and even I think a 91% is quite a respectable score for any game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: