Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Quake 4 PC ships [19977]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Quake 4 PC ships [19977] Reply with quote

id Software and Activision announced today that
Quake 4 for the PC has shipped. Quake 4 for the PC is available at retail outlets nationwide for a suggested retail price of $49.99. Additionally, fans can purchase the Quake 4 Special DVD Edition for a suggested retail price of $59.99, which includes Quake II, t

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahahahahahah plays like Quake 3!!! LOL!, more like Doom3 is a hacked up version of the Quake3 engine and from Doom3 hacked engine they made Quake4! Wohoa.. and it still sucks. I'm waiting for this game to be in the bargain bin in a few months. Do you know now I can get Farcry for $5.99 @ ebgames where I live. Don't you love how games can hit rock bottom so hard. Deux Ex 2 is still selling for $40. To me, that's just embarassing.

Raven sucks anyhow. They write a game and abandon support shortly after release just like they did for Soldier of Fortune 2. They leave some hack to take over patching it.
Nosferatu
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you're right with the bargain bin. Not for me though, here in Ukraine I can buy a just-released game for 10 or less bucks. I got FEAR today. It's a shame I've no time to play it until weekends.
Doom3's engine is a mere hacked up engine of Quake3? Hm, don't see what similarities indicate that and how come that may be true. They probably used some lines of code, the basic ones, as they are the same and need no rewriting whatsoever, yet it's only a tiny bit in comparison to the grand work they made! The engines have as much in common as black&white and color TVs. HL1 used Quake1 engine as a base, but the two look completely different, these are absolutely diferent technologies. I just can't see any sence in your statement.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you're right with the bargain bin. Not for me though, here in Ukraine I can buy a just-released game for 10 or less bucks. I got FEAR today. It's a shame I've no time to play it until weekends.
[/quote]

FEAR is nice. $10 for a game! Wow, ur lucky. Take to the cleaners here in this town. LOL!

Nosferatu wrote:

Doom3's engine is a mere hacked up engine of Quake3? Hm, don't see what similarities indicate that and how come that may be true. They probably used some lines of code, the basic ones, as they are the same and need no rewriting whatsoever, yet it's only a tiny bit in comparison to the grand work they made! The engines have as much in common as black&white and color TVs. HL1 used Quake1 engine as a base, but the two look completely different, these are absolutely diferent technologies. I just can't see any sence in your statement.

Well hate to inform you, but Doom3 engine is nothing but a mildly updated Quake3 engine. The rendering engine was mildly updated and Carmack said soon after the release of Doom 3 said that he would make another engine and definitely replace the current renderer. Doom3 and Quake4 are still gonna have lousy texture system and the models will appear at close inspection to by wearing pyjamas.

IMO, Carmack hasn't been nearly as good as Epic in rejuvinating his engines. Look at the UT engine. Now that's nice work. As I said from the beginning, Doom3 and it's tech which I really don't understand where it 'was' aside from creatures walking on walls, (or was that scripted) had nothing. It had painted on shadows on boxes, textures that easily you could tell were low res textures. When I got my card updated to X800 XL I was really thinking I might have been wrong on Doom3. Nope, cranked it up MAX and it still looked like crap. I like realistic environments and details like dents in doors, handles on door etc make me feel better. Doom3 had none of this and I thought the odd notebook on the floor moving or a box moving where 98% of nothing else moved was really a example of how poor Doom3 was. Don't even let me comment on the welfare DM component. OMG. You write iD, ask em if they made a new engine for Doom3, they will tell you with all modifications they made to Quake 3 engine, "they" consider it a new engine. It's nothing but marketing and various engine updates. As the Epic devs what they think of Doom3, they'll laugh. Ask em what they think of Quake 4...haha.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: