Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

ATI R520 to be available in mid-3Q [19194]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: ATI R520 to be available in mid-3Q [19194] Reply with quote

DigiTimes reports that ATI expects to begin volume shipments of its 90nm graphics processing units (GPUs), the R520, R530 and RV515, in the middle of the third quarter, as unspecified issues for manufacturing on 90nm technology will soon be solved, according to ATI Taiwan. ATI also plans to introduce another

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATI is wrong on PCI-E being so popular, but can't blame em to try and market it every step along the way with such comments. But AGP still has lots of life and I'd be surprised really if PCI-E beats AGP sales through 2006 even. Too many people already have sufficient systems. I could see LATE 2006 and early 2007 where PCI-E really picks up.

Games coming in future do not need the powers of PCI-E to be played. BF2 and HL2 don't... UT2k7 will run well on todays AGP cuz UT engine is still superior in design and efficiency compared to anything out there. Hell my partner is using a 9600xt and playing BF2 at a mix of high and medium quality with NO problems...3ghz processor with continued room to expand on the motherboard...Don't listen to the PCI-E hype, check with someone who knows, go to a trusting store and you might find out you can save a bundle of cash for the next 2 years...or at least year and a half.. I just helped a but who had a 2.4ghz cpu and and nvidia 4200MX or something and now we upgraded him to 3.2ghz, new ram and a X800 XL. He enarly kissed me cuz I saved him literally, $1000 and "he" is set for a looooong time...
tub0rg

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont see an pci e hype, u can buy the agp version or chip an extra 20 euro in to get the pci e version, mainboard pricings are comparable at least with the amd cpu's it like 60 euro for an agp and 65 for the pcie version, withou sli of course.... and the pcie will probably get an higher resell price then the agp version dont know about the intel boards thou
an 420 mx card is of course a pain in the butt thats an gforce 2 gpu pushed up....
i upgrade cpu and mainboard or the gfx close to all 6 months selling the old stuff on ebay, so after selling the old stuff an upgrade costs me around 150 euro, about 300 a year, wich im perfectly happy with Smile to be true i enjoy changing hardware and the fans have to be cleaned twice a year anyway Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: