Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Intel Core i9-10900 10-core CPU Pictured [49941]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:51 am    Post subject: Intel Core i9-10900 10-core CPU Pictured [49941] Reply with quote

Core i9 processors going up to 10 cores. Thanks to Xfastest, a Hong Kong-based media outlet, we have first pictures of what appears to be an engineering sample of the upcoming Core i9-10900 processor. Being a non-K version, this CPU is not capable of overclocking and has a fixed TDP rating of 65 Watts. Compared

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's pretty far from 5GHz.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:

Who said that one would be 5GHz? Also, it's far away from 300W TDP. 65W is a joke. It means it can't even sustain max boost for over 2 seconds under heavy load. To remedy that, you need to change allowed max wattage in bios (uefi) to something like what K version has, which is what you actually need.

The biggest downside to these Coffe lake S fiasco is new socket in intels old game of milking people. I would go for ryzen 3600 instead in second if I were upgrading from something like amd FX or intel iX 2xxx or 3xxx
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
Csimbi wrote:

Who said that one would be 5GHz? Also, it's far away from 300W TDP. 65W is a joke. It means it can't even sustain max boost for over 2 seconds under heavy load. To remedy that, you need to change allowed max wattage in bios (uefi) to something like what K version has, which is what you actually need.

The biggest downside to these Coffe lake S fiasco is new socket in intels old game of milking people. I would go for ryzen 3600 instead in second if I were upgrading from something like amd FX or intel iX 2xxx or 3xxx

I'm not an AMD fanboy, but yeah, considering the price&cooling the Ryzen 3600 is really pretty good option right now! I wish to see better mobos for RYZEN, some cheaper mobos are really poor (ancient buggy BIOSes etc). Don't buy mobos like MSI B450M BAZOOKA V2.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
Csimbi wrote:

Who said that one would be 5GHz?

I thought it was this one.
Looked back to the earlier news; that was the Intel Core i7-10700K, my bad, sorry.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to be sorry. Intel is the one making confusion, CPUs that will boost to 5.1 and then CPUs that are OCed to 5.1 by sponsored overclokers then releasing 9900KF or whatever that is 5GHz by default for only $500. They are chasing their tail and confusing people for as long as they can, until they get their own shrinks and chiplets (they got chiplets, but not in production as of yet, but you can see them preparing to use them on their graphics cards)...

I will stick with z370 and I have a lot of upgrade options there if I ever need one, since I am perfectly happy with 9400.
Kashif Sweet
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: