Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

How to Extend Your Windows 7 Security Updates [49565]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:22 am    Post subject: How to Extend Your Windows 7 Security Updates [49565] Reply with quote

Do people still use Windows 7? Absolutely. And if they cling to it past January 14 of this coming year, they'll have to pay a fee to Microsoft to continue to receive security updates. Most people won't (and can't) do this, as Microsoft's paid security updates are geared only toward businesses, but a clever little h

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
lorcro2000
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Real solutions are to either get Windows 10, in spite of all the garbage - you can run w10privacy on it to disable much of the nasty tracking - or switching to a Linux variant with decent support for gaming if that's a thing (which, on this site, probably is).

Realistically, Windows 10 is probably the only choice if one wants to game more or less effortlessly, until game manufacturers get their shit together and start releasing games for Linux.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think most pirated copies are activated using corporate volume license keys.
This means, pirates will continue receiving updates, regular users (who can't afford Windows 10 or don't want it and therefore need security patches more than anyone else) are left in the dust as usual.
So Microsoft!

I wonder if WSUSOffline will do all that nonsense for us - would be very convenient.
Else, it's RyanVM forums.

One more thing.
I think Windows 7 does not require much patching unless you let some rubbish get in. So, with a decent router, firewall and antivirus software, you can go on for quite a while without patches and be secure. Try to get a router with US design made in China with an open-source software, get a Russian SW firewall and a US-endorsed (but not US-made) AntiVirus solution. That gets you the safest setup I guess.
You'd have to worry only if you pull stupid crap like opening email attachments and download and running shit from the internet.
Penetreitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:49 pm    Post subject: W7 you are the OWNER Reply with quote

If I have to fall PRISONER of W10, I prefer to switch to a hackintosh
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hackintosh is just a customized Linux Wink
You don't need the expensive Apple-branded hardware for any of that.
Just grab a Linux that suits you and supports your games.
Sabot

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lorcro2000 wrote:
Real solutions are to either get Windows 10, in spite of all the garbage - you can run w10privacy on it to disable much of the nasty tracking - or switching to a Linux variant with decent support for gaming if that's a thing (which, on this site, probably is).

Realistically, Windows 10 is probably the only choice if one wants to game more or less effortlessly, until game manufacturers get their shit together and start releasing games for Linux.

Yeah, but it's not free... Which is the whole point. If it was free I would run a dual-boot. So much mention of shit with win 10 binding to motherboard,CPU. Is that still applicable today?
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sabot wrote:
So much mention of shit with win 10 binding to motherboard,CPU. Is that still applicable today?

Yep, with HWID, we own your ass, bitch!
Not CPU, just motherboard though.

So, be vary of cheap used motherboards - probably belonged to a cheater who got banned with the HWID so you won't be able to use it with that platform anymore.
If you don't use it for gaming, it should be okay. But, your ass will be tracked as a bad guy, regardless.

Microsoft needs HWID for Windows Autopilot - except there's no such thing on private PCs, so it's just a way to invade your privacy and track your ass.
Windows licensing is also using HWID - which does make sense when you activate your license or, when you do a license check. But, again, license checks should not come with utter disrespect of one's identity and basic human rights. There are other ways to do this, yet MS chose this because this way they have an excuse to feed the US government all the data they need and get massive funding in exchange.

So, yea. Stay away. Even if it's free.
Sabot

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
Sabot wrote:
So much mention of shit with win 10 binding to motherboard,CPU. Is that still applicable today?

Yep, with HWID, we own your ass, bitch!
Not CPU, just motherboard though.

So, be vary of cheap used motherboards - probably belonged to a cheater who got banned with the HWID so you won't be able to use it with that platform anymore.
If you don't use it for gaming, it should be okay. But, your ass will be tracked as a bad guy, regardless.

Microsoft needs HWID for Windows Autopilot - except there's no such thing on private PCs, so it's just a way to invade your privacy and track your ass.
Windows licensing is also using HWID - which does make sense when you activate your license or, when you do a license check. But, again, license checks should not come with utter disrespect of one's identity and basic human rights. There are other ways to do this, yet MS chose this because this way they have an excuse to feed the US government all the data they need and get massive funding in exchange.

So, yea. Stay away. Even if it's free.

Best advice in the whole article. Better still, remove this whole thing and be done with it. Last thing HX needs is legal shit or attract it..
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing illegal in there. All IT people that have to deal with Windows 10 deployment know all about HWID.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed Sorry, i thought it was a hack going to cause lot's bother. You can tell i build PCs for games! software, to the point you guys know, is waaay over my head Shocked

BTW, i found my old account! I've contacted Hex -hence the new SABOT and now SABOTS... Laughing
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

addisonsophia019 wrote:
Hey I also need to extend my windows 7 for my old pc .Can anyone can suggest me how to do that because i have never done something like this

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/upgrade-to-windows-10-free-heres-how/
Snoxa
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That gets you the safest setup I guess.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: