Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Red Dead Redemption 2 Dec 2 PC Update [49515]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:50 pm    Post subject: Red Dead Redemption 2 Dec 2 PC Update [49515] Reply with quote

Rockstar has just released a brand new PC update for Red Dead Redemption 2. According to the release notes, the December 2nd update further improves overall game stability. Moreover, it fixes various graphical glitches and crashes.

Going into more details, this new patch packs improvements to fix an issue that resul

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

will they fix shoddy performance or not? I am not buying a 1000$ gpu to play this at 75fps @ high @1440p.
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
will they fix shoddy performance or not? I am not buying a 1000$ gpu to play this at 75fps @ high @1440p.

To achieve that framerate with High quality settings AND at that res... you'll probably need an RTX 2060/1080 Ti minimum. My son's computer has a 1050 Ti OC and can "just about" manage 30 FPS on Medium at 1080p with a 2nd gen i7. You also need to consider the fact that this game was developed to use 6 cores optimally...

There are a few culprits that destroy FPS.

TAA, Reflections Quality, Volumetrics Quality, Water Quality, MSAA and Tree Tessellation (totally pointless feature... who stares at tree bark when there are cowboys to shoot?). If all of those are bumped down, it can run very well and maintain a consistent frame rate.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are describing the problem, I am asking for the fix Wink
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, they want you to buy NVidia Bazillion STX Mk2.
Sabot

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:

Most probably the reason it took a month of Sunday's before coming to PC.
It's cheaper to buy a console, even call it 'disposable', just to play it. Rather than fork out a wad of cash when games that we play are fine as is with our systems. £250 buys the ps4 and red dead redemption 2 bundle -he says having a quick look Laughing
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pffft. I feel so poor.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sabot wrote:
gx-x wrote:

It's cheaper to buy a console, even call it 'disposable', just to play it. Rather than fork out a wad of cash when games that we play are fine as is with our systems. £250 buys the ps4 and red dead redemption 2 bundle -he says having a quick look Laughing

True, but it's just not the same. Graphics are way better on PC, and also, I play with mouse and keyboard. Think of it what you will, but like console players are used to gamepads, PC players are used to KBD+M.

anyway, I am just not going to buy it. Plenty of fish in the sea.

(I have 6 core coffee lake, 1070, 16GB of fast DDR4...Plays everything else just fine on High setting, somewhere even ultra. I will get 2070 at some point in the future, if I still remain interested in games at that time when 2070 becomes a ~250$ card)
El_Coyote
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're talking as if "HIGH" settings are a fixed thing across games and time. RDR2 pushes the bar in many places and with time your old HIGH settings will become MEDIUM as they add detail levels, such as the volumetric fog we're seeing in RDR2.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well it's around high, something will be ultra, something will be at medium, I mean, these things differ from game to game. You can't expect people to write every setting for every game in a topic like this. Presently, I could maybe play at medium settings @75fps (v-sync) @1080p. For that, I would rather buy a console than a 500-600$ GPU....Basically - it's unacceptable (for me).

PS. I didn't see bar pushed anywhere in RDR2. Everything in there, I saw already in other games before it. Technically speaking. Last two Tomb Raiders had everything RDR2 has.
Sabot

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
Sabot wrote:
gx-x wrote:

True, but it's just not the same. Graphics are way better on PC, and also, I play with mouse and keyboard. Think of it what you will, but like console players are used to gamepads, PC players are used to KBD+M.

anyway, I am just not going to buy it. Plenty of fish in the sea.

(I have 6 core coffee lake, 1070, 16GB of fast DDR4...Plays everything else just fine on High setting, somewhere even ultra. I will get 2070 at some point in the future, if I still remain interested in games at that time when 2070 becomes a ~250$ card)

I've been nearly 30 years PC gaming, done the keyboard and mouse thing till I got Rsi lol. nearly every game released today plays on a game pad . Be it an Xbox 360 PC . I'm certainly not using a k+m for ETS2/ATS or 100's others I have that utilise them. That's the whole point of PC it's a versatile beast
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I do have a gamepad, I use it for driving games mostly. As for other games, well, I guess playing FPS on gamepad is lesser experience than K+M, and for RPG and ARPG games that I mostly play, it's, to me, subpar and borderline unusable or completely unusable.
Sabot

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I didn't know that some modern RPGs (isometric) used game pads and stumbled on it by accident by just moving my game pad one day and it changed the screen to the buttons! Of course it depends on the type of gameplay, if its realtime or turn based? But as I said; whatever floats your boat is a personal choice and others theirs. PC owners can't be hypocrites of fellow PC gamers choice of peripheral. For eg a disabled gamer vs an able bodied. It's what works for each Cool
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:

Money
Sabot

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devilhood wrote:
gx-x wrote:

Money

The answer to all us addicts wanting more! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: