Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Gears 5 quitters are being banned for 640 days [49208]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:58 pm    Post subject: Gears 5 quitters are being banned for 640 days [49208] Reply with quote

Developer The Coalition isnâ??t taking kindly to Gears 5 quitters, throwing the ban hammer so hard and so far that it is hitting players for 640 days. This elongated and possibly unprecedented ban came as quite a shock to some Gears 5 players, who were baffled by the ban message. Upon further inspection, The Coalition

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

missions are often too long, there are no breathing pauses, intensity is cranked up to 11, I uninstalled the game, it just tires me.
NoLifeDGenerate
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess I'm famous. heheh.

For the record, I was only playing ranked because TC requires it for the ToD medals if you want to unlock a Lancer GL execution. There's literally no other way to unlock that. This fucks over completionists/collectors of all sorts. Requiring 10 wins in the most boring, ridiculous and longest game type of ranked was a bad move on TC's part.

The game doesn't match based on rank/skill at all. People have reported being silver rank and getting matched against a full 5 stack team of Masters. That's not fair, nor is it fun, but they're supposed to stay and die for 20 minutes or they get banned? Fuck TC. When people AFK, other people quit, or I had a bad team, I left. People like me don't care about rank. Just completing a medal. There's the problem. It should also be noted that the ban included ALL modes of matchmaking (co-op too).

Yes, I quit 18 of 21 games one morning alone. It was probably something like 60 in the previous days. I don't care. I wish I knew the exact number, but the War Journal in Gears 5 is a joke! Why isn't anyone commenting on the fact that the only way to know that 18 of 21 number was for the developer to look it up!? OR that there was no official announcement that the bans were going live. It only came from the private twitter account of Dana Sissons. Only the announcement unbanning people appeared on the official twitter. How the fuck is that professional?

Why not just de-rank quitters to the point of being in a negative bracket so they only match with each other? I believe devs like Rockstar did something similar for cheaters online. It's stupid to ban paying customers, especially when you're trying to sell them more stuff through MTX. Furthermore, this type of penalty would be much better for those who are accidentally screwed by the servers, since people have actually been banned for backing out while searching for a match and other odd things because TC's servers are garbage.

On that note, I think TC is a joke and MS should be ashamed of the Gears 5 release overall. I changed regions for the early unlock, and that was the only time the servers were stable on launch weekend. They had 2 tech tests, but the people who paid for early access still ended up beta testers. As soon as the game unlocked for North America, the servers shit the bed...Microsoft can't release a first party AAA title with working servers this gen, but they expect to release a new Xbox next year? What the fuck? I'm still waiting for TC's Octus explain his threat toward those who boosted escape using the despawn glitch, which was only discovered because of their unstable servers in the first place. twitter.com/OctusTC/status/1173663595680284672

I will forever refer to TC as TotalCunts.
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean infamous? Laughing

Quote:
Why not just de-rank quitters to the point of being in a negative bracket so they only match with each other?

I agree. There is a problem though. You mentioned that the game doesn't appear to be matching people based on rank/skill. Is that true for the majority of the player-base?

I guess there are more issues going on behind the scenes... so the immediate ad hoc solution was the use a ban hammer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: