Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Windows 10 KB4515384 is now causing audio issues [48991]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:10 am    Post subject: Windows 10 KB4515384 is now causing audio issues [48991] Reply with quote

On September 10, Microsoft shipped Patch Tuesday updates for all supported versions of Windows 10, including the May 2019 Update (version 1903). The update comes with a number of security fixes and quality improvements, but it also breaks Windows Search and even audio on some PCs. The last optional update Windows 10 ve

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
NakedFaerie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why I'm staying on an old version of Win10.
I have a Surface 2 pro and it hates every version above what I'm running now.

You would think Micro$oft would prioritise their devices to their OS but no, they release an OS that is incompatible with their devices.
I've been using Windows since Windows 3.1 and beta tested just about every windows after that so I know about PCs and Windows and Windows 10 is the worst i've seen. Its incompatible with lots of things, not just software but hardware too.
They say its compatible with everything but its not. Windows 7 now thats the best OS they have ever done thats why people dont want to leave it. I'm one of them. I have Win7 on my main PC and its not getting upgraded. Even when they stop releasing bug fixes etc I will stay on Win7. Its the most compatible OS i've ever used. WinME was probably the one before Win7.
Win8 and above suck, they force you to pay for parts of the OS which have been there for many years for free, they remove some of the most useful features, they made a complete shambles out of what could've been a good OS.
I love Windows Media Center (WMC). Its so touch friendly. How could they remove it from windows? Especially when everything is going touch screen and they remove the most touch friendly app they have.
Lucky for hackers who have made a Win10 compatible version of WMC. BUT with every update it gets a little more broken until its unusable like the last version of Win10 I tested.

Now back on topic. Every update of Windows 10 has some major bugs. Looks they they beta test the OS then in the last second they add bugs that can kill PCs. I've read forums of beta testers and most dont have the major bugs the release version does.
I guess they want to force people to fresh install Win10 instead of upgrade so they make it so buggy you get pissed and do a fresh install to remove the upgrade bugs.
Do what I do. Block all upgrades, updates and stay happy. Find an OS which works and stay there. For me its I Win7 and an old version of Win10. (9000 I think? It keeps telling me to upgrade past 12000 for some apps to work)

If you want to know how to block updates then google it. There are many sites with hints how to do it. Dont just stick to one site as the next might have an extra block you also need. M$ have made their updates bypass the blocks so you need to block those bypasses also.
Its not just untick the box, there is registry changes, Group policies to change and eventually boxes to tick.
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NakedFaerie wrote:
This is why I'm staying on an old version of Win10.
I have a Surface 2 pro and it hates every version above what I'm running now.

Windows 10 October 2018 Update 1809 from November 2018 is probably the best option for now.
NakedFaerie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heretic wrote:
Windows 10 October 2018 Update 1809 from November 2018 is probably the best option for now.

I think thats the version I'm running? Maybe even earlier??? I forget, I"m on Win7 atm so dont know the exact version of my Win10 Surface 2.
It works perfect for what I want it to do. WMC works very nicely.
There are a few bugs like when it wakes up wifi doesn't connect automatically. Have to manually choose wifi. Small price to pay for a good Windows 10 version.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: