Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Intel 10th Generation Core [48491]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:54 pm    Post subject: Intel 10th Generation Core [48491] Reply with quote

, and HyperThreading enabled across the entire lineup. The Core i3 series are now 4-core/8-thread; the Core i5 series a 6-core/12-thread, the Core i7 series are 8-core/16-thread, and the new Core i9 series are 10-core/20-thread. Besides core-counts, Intel has given its 14 nanometer node one last step of refinement to c

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Intel was shedding tears while they were releasing this. This was probably planed at 50% higher prices Very Happy
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Told this a year ago, they can cry as much as they'd like.
Their smart officers left before they started melting away.
Now comes the meltdown.
Fading profits, no competitive products for years.
They'll be where AMD was soon.

This is also a big "fuck you" to those who already made an investment:
Quote:
These processors come in the new LGA1159 package, and are not backwards-compatible with LGA1151 motherboards.

Fuck yous like this makes me think twice about investing into Intel CPUs as well.

This is where they should have been about 1.5 years ago:
Quote:
The Core i7-10700K clocked at 4.80 GHz with 5.10 GHz boost
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but they didn't have to be there, they opted to make more money. Their biggest problem is that they don't have anything to show for after this. Not that important NOW, but important in the future. The only thing they CAN do is lower prices even more.

as for the big F to this and those, yea, well, ryzen 3xxx is also a big F to those that just bough Ryzen 2xxx so it;s nothing new really. It's normal in business.

I for one never go big on CPUs anyway, it's either going to be a used one that used to cost 300$ and I get it for ~150 or a new one for under 200. No big difference anyway.
miglaugh
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:

as for the big F to this and those, yea, well, ryzen 3xxx is also a big F to those that just bough Ryzen 2xxx so it;s nothing new really. It's normal in business.

Wrong way to look at it. Noone is being screwed by the new gen of ryzen. Still AM4, still supported on old AM4 boards, what more could you want?

The people who 'just' bought ryzen 2000 aren't the people who ever buy bleeding edge in the first place, otherwise they'd be following release dates and watching for benchmark articles and leaks and know not to buy the old gen so late.

Those people did so to save money, and more power to them, they still have a nice chip at a great price. They just don't have 'THE BEST!' and they weren't ever going to be willing to pay for the best either.

Can't wait for the ryzen 4000 to be even faster!
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miglaugh wrote:
gx-x wrote:

Wrong way to look at it. Noone is being screwed by the new gen of ryzen. Still AM4, still supported on old AM4 boards, what more could you want?

The people who 'just' bought ryzen 2000 aren't the people who ever buy bleeding edge in the first place, otherwise they'd be following release dates and watching for benchmark articles and leaks and know not to buy the old gen so late.

Those people did so to save money, and more power to them, they still have a nice chip at a great price. They just don't have 'THE BEST!' and they weren't ever going to be willing to pay for the best either.

Can't wait for the ryzen 4000 to be even faster!

Well, the same goes for intel Cofee Lake users then. Still good, not the best. But it's not just intel and AMD, nVidia pulls crappy moves too (*cough* super moves)...
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And my processor is still fine for EVERYTHING i play.. so I really couldn't care less. I'll never touch AMD CRAP, EVER.

Intel has ZERO to worry about.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: