Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Set a Proxy in AnarchyOnline

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> General Gaming Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
G0NZ0
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: Set a Proxy in AnarchyOnline Reply with quote

I have an bad problem that cannot solve, that is: is it possible to set a proxy for Anarchy Online [15.8] ?
I'm part of a LAN, with bad firewall restrictions, and ports 7012, 7013, 7500-7504 are closed.

I can use a SSH tunnel towards an unfirewalled machine: i send all my traffic for a given application to that machine, on a specific port. But i have to set a proxy with IP and port in the application i want to tunnel.
I set the proxy in the browser, but Anarchy keeps on using direct connection on port 7500 and others, all closed.
Then, for any patch i try to download, it says that the Dimension is down and i cannot connect to start playing.

Does anyone know how to set a proxy in AO ?
Thx much in advance
1q2w3e
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh the deal is you need to open that ports in your firewall system . I have firewall myself i play online games that requires some ports to be opened so i do so there is just a empty space you need to find there in your firewall system and just type the ports you want to stay opened.. plus there is no reason to be anonymus so you dont need to use proxy you wont find any help in that with the ports ...
G0NZ0
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is that i'm part of a big university LAN, as i live just in front of a uni.
I have to access at all to the firewall.
I have configured my own firewall to allow AO on all ports, but the problem is at remote levels, the whole LAN firewall.

I need to set the proxy only to tunnel all my traffic on a remote unfirewalled machine not part of the LAN, through an open port: that would be my only way to have access to the AO server as the remote SSH server receives my traffic on a single open ports but routes it out on the proper ports, then it can communicate correctly with AO server.
So my use of the proxy setting is just as a tunnell...

Any idea for this desperate and weird connection?

Thank you very much for your help
1q2w3e
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

go here http://sebsauvage.net/punching/ u will find how to fuck up the connection Very Happy TOP SECRET
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> General Gaming Chat All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: