Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

FIRST ATI-NVidia Battle On GGMania
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crystallas
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATI has changed a ot on their driver software, while there are still some problems, its gotten a whole lot better.
But nVidia doesnt have a set of drivers that have been bulletproof either.
5+ years of infinate loops...cmon alleady!

Who controls the market for video, nVidia.
Who is a big part of the chipset market, nVidia.
Who helped IBM and AMD develop and fund 3GIO(PCI-Express) from day One, nVidia.
Who has better contracts with memory makers aswell as fabrication facilities among its direct line partners? ATi
Who makes a broader range of chips, despite being much smaller? ATi
Who is the king of the mid market, and has been for 7 years with exception of the 6600GT, ATi
Whos cards consume less power, and run cooler ove the last 3 generations, ATi.

Both have their ups and downs. I run a 7800GTX SLI setup. Last I ran a 6800GT setup, and an X800Pro before that, a 9600XT befoe that, a 9100, VooDoo5 5500, VooDoo3 3000,Voodoo2 SLI, Matrox Millenium 12mb, Tseng SVGA Monster 4mb, Trident64 1mb, ect ect ect...... all the way to the first ISA card I had, a MDA with an IBM chip. The tables turn.... diffrent quarters = Diffrent crowns. Diffrent years = diffrent names.
Dot get comfortable wth the nvidia name or ati. Someone could pop out of nowhere to release something and make both into a smaller sector contributor. *AKA Matrox.
Defiant
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crystallas wrote:
ATI has changed a ot on their driver software, while there are still some problems, its gotten a whole lot better.
But nVidia doesnt have a set of drivers that have been bulletproof either.
5+ years of infinate loops...cmon alleady!

Who controls the market for video, nVidia.
Who is a big part of the chipset market, nVidia.
Who helped IBM and AMD develop and fund 3GIO(PCI-Express) from day One, nVidia.
Who has better contracts with memory makers aswell as fabrication facilities among its direct line partners? ATi
Who makes a broader range of chips, despite being much smaller? ATi
Who is the king of the mid market, and has been for 7 years with exception of the 6600GT, ATi
Whos cards consume less power, and run cooler ove the last 3 generations, ATi.

Both have their ups and downs. I run a 7800GTX SLI setup. Last I ran a 6800GT setup, and an X800Pro before that, a 9600XT befoe that, a 9100, VooDoo5 5500, VooDoo3 3000,Voodoo2 SLI, Matrox Millenium 12mb, Tseng SVGA Monster 4mb, Trident64 1mb, ect ect ect...... all the way to the first ISA card I had, a MDA with an IBM chip. The tables turn.... diffrent quarters = Diffrent crowns. Diffrent years = diffrent names.
Dot get comfortable wth the nvidia name or ati. Someone could pop out of nowhere to release something and make both into a smaller sector contributor. *AKA Matrox.

Have you lissened to reasons that i mentioned? Allright, i will try to explain this once again so that even ATI users could understand.

-I know that their drivers are getting better, but they are still far from good. In every new version of drivers they fix some problem with some new game and some graphic card, and after that there appears problem with some other game and graphic card that haven't existed before. Mess.

-Maybe i have sympathy for small companies, and maybe i don't like the monopolistic behavior of big companies, but still nVidia makes better graphic drivers. Many people don't like monopoly of Microsoft, but we all use Windows, i certainly will not use Linux when nothing works on it. And nVidia cards run perfectly, which is not "allways" the case with Windows.
And do you really think that ATI wouldn't try to crush competition and totaly dominate the market if they would be given the chance to do so? They are trying to do that allready as much as they can. It's a war. It's good that ATI exists so nVidia has to lower their prices sometimes; yeah good for us.

-If nVidia would start to make some drivers and cards that don't work, and if ATI would crush and squeeze nVidia, and then start producing some super drivers and cards that really work - then i would take ATI, i wouldn't hold on to nVidia like some crazy man(conspirative laughing - Bwaha ha ha ha haa). Now seriosly: if there appears something better and more reliable than nVidia i will take it.

-So i don't care about that company politics, i just want my games to work without problems. If you have nVidia card and you have problems with some game you at least allways know that it isn't your cards fault, just the game has bugs. Who knows, maybe some ports from XBox360 will like ATI more.
But in situation that is today and that has been for the last 5 years, i will not throw away my money just to keep poor Canadians in the business, there are allways plenty of other people that will do that.
The Outlaw

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well first I dont think that ATI is bad (Well coz now i am an ATI owner). Every product has its pros and cons, Nvidia might have and upper hand on some features and ATI might have an upper hand on some others. If my ATI can run all the latest games without a glitch for me its cool.
lmer
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If nV didn't screw up with NV30, these bullsh*t talks would not exist. nVidia is the inventor, it is the compatibility, the 3dfx, the progress, the standard. Whatever their next marketing puke will be, ill still stick to nVidia because let me tell you: since Riva, i have had 0 problems with nVidia. Zero. And i allways had plenty of performance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> NVIDIA vs ATI All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: