Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links


FIRST ATI-NVidia Battle On GGMania
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> NVIDIA vs ATI
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Guest






PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: FIRST ATI-NVidia Battle On GGMania Reply with quote

Ill start us off.
Im Canadian, ATI is based in Toronto, and I prefer ATI cards over Nvidia anyday, so ATI is better. Twisted Evil
Back to top
CaptStar
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 07 Jun 2004
Posts: 275
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I forgot to log-in when I posted that.
But I still think ATI is better.
If I had a gun pointed to my head by terrorists telling me that I must use NVidia or ill be killed, Id rather be killed (Well, not really).
_________________
Who are the Patriots?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
FX5900
Junior Member
Junior Member


Joined: 07 Jun 2004
Posts: 216

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice new forums. Finally we can vent.

Typical ATI owners. They say "ATI is better" but they provide no factual arguments as to why ATI is better. It's like saying "ATI is better because I said so." Then again, ATI does target the youth market, so what can you expect from pimply-snot-nosed punks?

I don't really think that about ATI owners, but how'z that for pouring gasoline on the fire? Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 07 Jun 2004
Posts: 1755
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

100% agree FX5900. if you take the intelligence quota here, braniac goes and posts as a guest and then comments he forgot to logon. so couple this with his ATI is the best comment with no factual information and you got the background of an ATI user. just yappin out his butt.
_________________

Sir Winston Churchill wrote:
Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JanSolo
Contributor
Contributor


Joined: 08 Jun 2004
Posts: 33
Location: Bay Area, California, USA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it depends on what you are comparing. I owned a Ti4600 and kept on telling everyone that I was not going to buy a 9700 Pro since I was holding out for the NV30. Well, the NV30 came out and it was hot, slower than anticipated, overpriced, a power draining device, took 2 slots and was way too loud to use. So, I got the 9700 Pro and I have been quite happy with it, though I think ATI's dual monitor software (Hydravision) is complete ass compared to Nvidia's Twinview.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FX5900
Junior Member
Junior Member


Joined: 07 Jun 2004
Posts: 216

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you JanSolo.
So you consider yourself an nvidiafanboy AND an ATIfanboy.
Looks like you're the worlds most hated man. :rolleyes:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JanSolo
Contributor
Contributor


Joined: 08 Jun 2004
Posts: 33
Location: Bay Area, California, USA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FX5900 wrote:
Good for you JanSolo.
So you consider yourself an nvidiafanboy AND an ATIfanboy.
Looks like you're the worlds most hated man. :rolleyes:


I just want to be balanced. I still consider myself a 3dfx fanboy from back in the day when the Voodoo 1 came out. GLQuake 0wns j00!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DDRRE
Contributor
Contributor


Joined: 08 Jun 2004
Posts: 19
Location: Givatayim, Israel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xxxx wrote:
100% agree FX5900. if you take the intelligence quota here, braniac goes and posts as a guest and then comments he forgot to logon. so couple this with his ATI is the best comment with no factual information and you got the background of an ATI user. just yappin out his butt.

Don't flame.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 07 Jun 2004
Posts: 1755
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, 3dfx, i miss them but then you can enjoy many 3dfx features built into the newer nvidia cards. as for power draining and stuff, i have a 450 watt power supply and other than a video card, i have a sound card and 2 network cards.. it's not usually typical these days you fill all the slots of a motherboard and slot 1 in virtually any motherboard is a unused slot due to irq conflicts/sharing. so don't see your point.
_________________

Sir Winston Churchill wrote:
Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 07 Jun 2004
Posts: 1755
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDRRE wrote:
xxxx wrote:
100% agree FX5900. if you take the intelligence quota here, braniac goes and posts as a guest and then comments he forgot to logon. so couple this with his ATI is the best comment with no factual information and you got the background of an ATI user. just yappin out his butt.

Don't flame.


Don't cry.
_________________

Sir Winston Churchill wrote:
Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
babios
Contributor
Contributor


Joined: 09 Jun 2004
Posts: 3
Location: Greece

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FX5900 wrote:
Typical ATI owners. They say "ATI is better" but they provide no factual arguments as to why ATI is better. It's like saying "ATI is better because I said so." Then again, ATI does target the youth market, so what can you expect from pimply-snot-nosed punks?

I don't really think that about ATI owners, but how'z that for pouring gasoline on the fire? Very Happy


You want a reason? Because ATI does NOT tweak the drivers so that the graphic cards get best results in the benchmarks.

I believe that this is a fairly good reason for everyone that values his money to select ATI over nvidia. Smile Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FX5900
Junior Member
Junior Member


Joined: 07 Jun 2004
Posts: 216

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

babios wrote:
You want a reason? Because ATI does NOT tweak the drivers so that the graphic cards get best results in the benchmarks.
I believe that this is a fairly good reason for everyone that values his money to select ATI over nvidia. Smile Smile


You haven't been reading the news lately, have you?
ATI was caught cheating with trilinear optimizations; the same optimizations that ATI was pointing the finger at nVidia about months ago.

So that is NOT a reason.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lucas
Junior Member
Junior Member


Joined: 08 Jun 2004
Posts: 120
Location: Melbourne, Australia

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDRRE wrote:
xxxx wrote:
100% agree FX5900. if you take the intelligence quota here, braniac goes and posts as a guest and then comments he forgot to logon. so couple this with his ATI is the best comment with no factual information and you got the background of an ATI user. just yappin out his butt.

Don't flame.

congratulations, thats the worst looking sig i've ever seen. LOOK MUMMY! I CAN MAKE IT TEH BIGGESTER!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
madda
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 09 Jun 2004
Posts: 310
Location: UK

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lucas wrote:
DDRRE wrote:
xxxx wrote:
100% agree FX5900. if you take the intelligence quota here, braniac goes and posts as a guest and then comments he forgot to logon. so couple this with his ATI is the best comment with no factual information and you got the background of an ATI user. just yappin out his butt.

Don't flame.

congratulations, thats the worst looking sig i've ever seen. LOOK MUMMY! I CAN MAKE IT TEH BIGGESTER!


a bit harsh, but i think its justified though!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Defiant
Contributor
Contributor


Joined: 25 Sep 2005
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say that nVidia is better than ATI. Why, some stupid people will ask as always. Well it is because nVidia has much, much,...,much better drivers.
nVidia drivers will always work perfectly with new and old games, and ATI has problems to write drivers that will work good with 70% of new games(i don't need to mention that then a little older games are not a priority for them and that they will work even worse).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> NVIDIA vs ATI All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2014 phpBB Group