Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Wreckfest has been fully released [45920]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:03 am    Post subject: Wreckfest has been fully released [45920] Reply with quote

THQ Nordic and Bugbear Entertainment have announced that Wreckfest has left Steam Early Access and is fully available to everyone.

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some comments on Steam suggest that this game might live up the expectations from the next installment of a Flatout game.
If so, two thumbs up Suomi, ja kiitoksia!
Been waiting for a fun game...

The one question remains is: is it moddable like Flatout 1 and 2 were?

Edit
So I grabbed and tried the CODEX release real quick before purchase from Steam.
Man, I am glad I did.
I won't be buying this, for sure.
- It comes with that typical Flatout slowdown that occurs when a lot of cars crash and parts start flying and all the AI starts recalculating paths (this latter one also occurs during the race so I don't think it's a physics issue, game runs smooth on my GTX970. I had to turn off quite a lot of things for the same resolution on my GTX580 and it does look quite dated there, but still runs smooth).
- There is NO nitro.
- All cars seem to be RWD thus far. WTF?
- Tires (and plenty of other things) are now considered visuals and have no impact whatsoever.
- Most tracks seems to copy the standard Flatout tracks (boring).
- Car upgrades are still very limited.
- Quite a few upgrades I would expect are missing (suspension, shock absorber, etc.) Just performance and armour upgrades. Nothing for control.
- Upgrades do not make notable impact, they might just get you through another race but nothing more.
- Upgrading your car causes AIs to shown up with upgraded cars, too (in the same race you just did) essentially nullifying your upgrade. WTF?
- Being out of track causes reset too soon (effectively requiring driving on the tracks) -> Flatout gave more time to be offtrack. Dunno what the fuck the devs were thinking.
- Upgrading your car "too much" makes it a higher class and you can't participate in the race with it anymore (e.g. C becomes B).
- Debris is not drawn in the distance. They suddenly pop up as you get close. Really annoying.
- All pilots look the same (looks very funny when the lawnmower race starts and their heads are moving in sync).
- You can't progress unless you have perfect scores.
- Music sucks.
All in all it seems like a nice attempt at a fun rally game, but once again, a disappointment for Flatout fans. Seems Fallout 2 remains the king for yet another decade...
I would have thought they learned from their past mistakes.
Seems like a console port where there's no performance to do things right.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: