Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

TechNews - Google Accused Of Faking Duplex AI [45743]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:27 am    Post subject: TechNews - Google Accused Of Faking Duplex AI [45743] Reply with quote

Digital Foundry: PC has an HDR support problem - and Nvidia
wants to fix it - Are extreme spec 4K displays the answer? The
Digital Foundry at Eurogamer has the story.

NVIDIA's first 4K G-Sync HDR Monitor Is Available to Preorder
for - Acer's
Predator X27 has finally gone up for preorder at Newegg. The
dis

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
chikamelisa
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 7:23 am    Post subject: Did Google fake its Duplex AI demo? Reply with quote

Goolge may have faked a recent demo of its new AI assistant in which the software was shown to fool a hair salon receptionist into thinking it was human.

The software, dubbed Duplex, debuted at a Google conference last week when it was tasked to book a hair appointment over the phone in front of a live audience.

During the demo, Google CEO Sundar Pichai said: 'What you're going to hear is the Google Assistant actually calling a real salon to Domino 99 schedule an appointment for you.'

Duplex seemingly put on such a good impression of a human that the person it called failed to notice they were speaking to a robot.

The creepy demo made headlines across the world, but a new report suggests that Google faked the phone call and misled viewers and investors.

News site Axios highlights that a number of things about the call, such as a lack of ambient noise at the salon, point to a falsified or edited recording.

Google's press team has repeatedly refused to hand over the name of the salon that Duplex called, it said.

Two calls were played during the demo, one to a salon and another to a restaurant.

Google said both businesses Qiu Qiu were based near its headquarters in Mountain View, California.

Neither of the 'employees' who answered Duplex's calls identified the business they were speaking from, nor did they give their own names.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firefox and ads.
- Well I barely use Firefox these days except in work environment. Ads just assure me that I will never personally use Firefox.

Duplex AI faked.
- Well if it was faked, they better get moving on it as they release it in July. OMG they did say the salon name.. OMG!!! FAKED!!! I suspect an unhappy Apple employee

Google, control movies...
- Ya that's ok, I can manage my own movies just fine. Thanks.

Google WiFi check...
- LOL! Ya.. if It's not Google Home.. recommend Google Home..

Pool trick shot dude...
- Are you F'ing serious??? Trick shot? HAHAHAHAHAHA.. That's really amateur man. I've seen Waaaaay better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: