Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

TechNews - Amazing demo at Google I/0 [45715]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 12:42 am    Post subject: TechNews - Amazing demo at Google I/0 [45715] Reply with quote

During the Google
I/0 conference, Google CEO Sundar Pichai announced
the new
Google Assistant and gave a live demonstration of one of the
features – The
Google Duplex. The Duplex is a highly interactive chatbot able to
ing to user assigned tasks
such as scheduling an appointment or making dinner reservations a

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Many former users of Skype just don't like how it works, looks, or performs. So now that's it's all said and done Skype just isn't that attractive to the masses anymore and once loyal users are finding better options. This is just one more case of Microsoft grabbing up a good product and then putting the Microsoft stink all over it. Maybe it will regain acceptance or maybe it won't, however, only time will tell if this once ubiquitous product makes a big comeback.

When users have a choice, Microsoft cannot sell shit. People just throw their garbage away.
See Windows 10. They forced it on people, leaving no choice. Yei, we are good.
See Skype? Popularity is dropping rapidly.[/quote]

Quote:
Watch Steve Jobs unveil the iMac 20 years ago

You do know that he died, right?
We can't you let him rest in peace?

Quote:
FTC Threatens Legal Action Against Sony, Microsoft

Yup.
I would add their illegal EULAs to the list.

Quote:
NASA Testing New Nuclear Reactor for Space Missions

So when a rocket blows, we all die down here.
Wonderful.

Quote:
Is It Possible That Our World Is Just A Simulation?

Video won't play.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
Quote:
Many former users of Skype just don't like how it works, looks, or performs. So now that's it's all said and done Skype just isn't that attractive to the masses anymore and once loyal users are finding better options. This is just one more case of Microsoft grabbing up a good product and then putting the Microsoft stink all over it. Maybe it will regain acceptance or maybe it won't, however, only time will tell if this once ubiquitous product makes a big comeback.

When users have a choice, Microsoft cannot sell shit. People just throw their garbage away.

In June 2012, Skype had surpassed 70 million downloads on an Android device.[90]

On 19 July 2012, Microsoft announced that Skype users had logged 115 billion minutes of calls in the quarter, up 50% since the last quarter.[91]

On 15 January 2014, TeleGeography estimated that Skype-to-Skype international traffic has gone up to 36% in 2013 to 214 billion minutes.[92]

Times have changed and there is a lot more choice. Also internet speed has increased globally for lots of people. Skype has been around for 15 years pal. Skype may kinda be irrelevant now but it made MS and the companies before it a lot of money.

YOU KNOW JACK SHIT.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tom,
your trolling does not merit a response, so I don't go down to your level usually.
But, it seems to me that nowadays you have trouble understanding English - or, you just pick up bits and pieces that puts you in a trolling mood instead of trying to understand what actually was said.
I am worried because it is indicating that your cognitive functions may deteriorating - so, I suggest you go and consult some experts that can help you. There are good therapies for building these capabilities back.
Good luck!
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
Hi Tom,
your trolling does not merit a response, so I don't go down to your level usually.
But, it seems to me that nowadays you have trouble understanding English - or, you just pick up bits and pieces that puts you in a trolling mood instead of trying to understand what actually was said.
I am worried because it is indicating that your cognitive functions may deteriorating - so, I suggest you go and consult some experts that can help you. There are good therapies for building these capabilities back.
Good luck!

Ya ok, go back to your burger flipping job tardo. Do you even know what trolling means? Dude you can't even type in English. Your grammatical skills are that of a child. I'm trying to tell you something. You know jack shit, stfu. Maybe that's clearer?

"We can't you let him rest in peace?"

"When users have a choice, Microsoft cannot sell shit. People just throw their garbage away."

As per Steam..MS can't sell shit...Hx.. where's that follow-up update about people going back to Win7???????

Quote:
APRIL 2018 (CLICK LINE ITEM TO SEE MORE DETAIL)
ITEM MOST POPULAR PERCENTAGE CHANGE
OS VersionWindows 10 64 bit 53.10% +17.41%

From MS financial stats...

Quote:
We delivered $90.0 billion in revenue and $22.3 billion in operating income this past fiscal year. Adjusting for Windows 10 revenue deferrals and restructuring expenses, revenue was $96.7 billion with $29.3 billion in operating income.

Quote:
Our commercial cloud annualized revenue run rate ended the year exceeding $18.9 billion, up more than 56 percent year-over-year.

Quote:
Year Ended June 30, 2017 (a) 2016 2015 2014 (h) 2013
Revenue $ 89,950 (b) $ 85,320 (d) $ 93,580 $ 86,833 $ 77,849

AGAIN... You know jack shit. You can't type in English worth shit and you sound like a complete and utter moron/hater. STFU, go get some magazines and learn something or you'll be flipping burgers your whole life.
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:
As per Steam..MS can't sell shit...Hx.. where's that follow-up update about people going back to Win7???????

Since Intel and other blocked Windows 7 on new hardware (BIOS, drivers, etc) people don't have as much choice as you think.

While Microsoft dominates the global market for classroom PCs, Google Chrome OS rules the roost in the United States.

In recent years, Microsoft has been moving towards Linux and deemphasizing Windows. Microsoft joined the Linux Foundation in 2016. The company changed the name of its public cloud from Windows Azure to Microsoft Azure, as many users (>40%) now run Linux on it. Microsoft has also introduced a Linux version of its SQL Server database software, and it has worked on an operating system for switches in its data centers that on Linux.

Finally, Microsoft’s Next OS is Based on Linux, Not Windows
https://www.thurrott.com/internet-of-things-iot/156628/microsofts-next-os-based-linux-not-windows

Do you still think Windows 10 is successful OS? If so, which build?
https://www.ggmania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33901
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most versions of Linux don't support my old hardware anymore... so what are you saying? I am forced to go to a new version even though I don't want too.

@Windows and next OS based on Linux.. I don't think that's been stated for consumer windows..but I welcome it. Finally someone can do something with Linux that everyone can use. If that's true and I doubt it. I am and always have been a fan of Linux but when it boils down to gaming.. there's no better choice than Windows. Honestly Hx, I don't think you fully know what you are talking about though. Nobody has stated Windows 11 will be based off Linux. Do you even know what Azure is? you say this "Finally, Microsoft’s Next OS is Based on Linux, Not Windows "... um.. we are talking small devices.. like the OS in your fridge not your desktop OS.

@Chrome.. Canada also has Chrome books in schools. Obviously a LOT cheaper than PC's...
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:
Most versions of Linux don't support my old hardware anymore... so what are you saying? I am forced to go to a new version even though I don't want too.

@Windows and next OS based on Linux.. I don't think that's been stated for consumer windows..but I welcome it. Finally someone can do something with Linux that everyone can use. If that's true and I doubt it. I am and always have been a fan of Linux but when it boils down to gaming.. there's no better choice than Windows. Honestly Hx, I don't think you fully know what you are talking about though. Nobody has stated Windows 11 will be based off Linux. Do you even know what Azure is? you say this "Finally, Microsoft’s Next OS is Based on Linux, Not Windows "... um.. we are talking small devices.. like the OS in your fridge not your desktop OS.

@Chrome.. Canada also has Chrome books in schools. Obviously a LOT cheaper than PC's...

I don't say or mix anything Very Happy

I just mentioned a few facts from current market, so everybody can think about it and make own opinion

another interesting link is here
https://betanews.com/2018/03/06/debian-linux-windows/

My opinion is that Microsoft is finally trying to overcome the mistake they made in the Windows architecture years ago when NT was supposed to be a "better UNIX than UNIX." By integrating the GUI Shell into the OS they lost the ability to alter the GUI for different device types.

Last edited by heretic on Fri May 18, 2018 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I welcome Windows using linux as a base but I think you will only see them use it in small appliances.windows UI may be limiting as you say but a lot of Linux has copied most every aspect of Windows UI trying to make it easier and more appealing but never seems to happen because Linux distros always requires shell knowledge to do thngs and standards never happen or the standards are insufficient. Look at hardware acceleration. That's always been a hitch across the various distros. To be h0nest I was really hoping Valve would do something to help Linux but they fell way short.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: