Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Pirates Crack Microsoft's UWP Protection [45228]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:37 am    Post subject: Pirates Crack Microsoft's UWP Protection [45228] Reply with quote

Scene group CODEX is responsible for cracking the first Universal Windows Platform game, Zoo Tycoon Ultimate Animal Collection. The title contains five layers of DRM, which includes a Denuvo-like anti-tamper technology called Arxan that marketing considered undefeatable.

ing in light of yesterday’s developments.

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
psolord
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of all the UWP games why did they release this one? hmmm

In any case, microsoft store sucks. Full of problems. I had to download Gears of War 4 four times, twice for each of my systems. That was a 400GB download ffs for one game, to test and play. Had mishaps on Forza too.

They do not let you copy your own game, from one system to the other and then point to where the game files are. You know, like all civilized platforms do. Steam, Uplay, Origin, Battle.net and the lot.
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psolord wrote:
In any case, microsoft store sucks. Full of problems. I had to download Gears of War 4 four times, twice for each of my systems. That was a 400GB download ffs for one game, to test and play. Had mishaps on Forza too.

Not just microsoft store. Here's pretty interesting thread to read. In short, classic shell developer decided to stop the development of Classic Shell mainly because:

Quote:

2) Windows 10 is being updated way too frequently (twice a year) and each new version changes something that breaks Classic Shell. And

3) Each new version of Windows moves further away from the classic Win32 programming model, which allowed room for a lot of tinkering. The new ways things are done make it very difficult to achieve the same customizations

http://www.classicshell.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8147

and very deep opinion on Microsoft is here:

Quote:

Hello. I am a huge Windows enthusiast since the earliest releases of Windows, and did Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback. But Windows 10 has been a big disappointment because Microsoft has turned a deaf ear towards most of their user base and is completely disrespecting and ignoring what they are asking for.

Classic Shell has been fixing and enhancing Windows since Nov. 2009 but Microsoft has moved away from Win32 programs and towards UWP. They have also moved away from Windows as a product to a service that is a tremendous bandwidth burden on everyone. It is pointless to even try to improve an OS when its own developer is making things worse and less functional so quickly as part of their planned obsolescence. Microsoft is no longer maintaining proper continuity of features in new releases of Windows. They are just arbitrarily adding new features without even considering how bloated and *seriously unproductive* their updates have become.

If the nature of Windows changes in the future from a service, back to a product, that doesn't bombard you with tremendously bloated, intrusive, disruptive, rude, worthless updates that leave you with no real control, and leaves you with sufficient freedom to tweak or keep the features you like, and if any fork of Classic Shell happens from the code released on SourceForge/GitHub, then I am definitely interested in testing it again. However at the moment, Windows is such a nightmare that it makes no sense to develop a quality app for it. Even if some other developer takes up the Classic Shell project, it just doesn't improve the horrible Windows experience in any way. Out-of-control updates make the OS waste your time and are a constant pain to deal with. It is highly unlikely that Windows will get any better unless the management changes at Microsoft to focus on the quality of the user experience.

For 10 years since Vista, Microsoft has been unable to develop a decent servicing mechanism for Windows. :lol: :mrgreen: On top of that, the quality of code and features delivered by updates is very poor. And that is just the tip of the ice berg. There are so many problems with Windows 10 under the new management that I can't even begin to list them. But despite horrible flaws, only a small subset of its users seem to care and the rest are accepting anything that Microsoft offers them. It doesn't make any sense to build an intelligent productivity-focused software like Classic Shell with so much effort and attention to detail if the majority doesn't care about productivity and if the UX is such a nightmare for us. You can choose to stay with Windows 7 or 8.1 where it should continue to work for years. Right now, Microsoft keep on adding new features but breaking old ones - so they're only going around in circles. When Microsoft brings back Windows to a reasonable level of productivity, usability, and solid, steady improvements, then it might be worthwhile to make something like Classic Shell for it.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone can find a whining site. I been a user of windows for... blah blah.. punch. Who gives a fuck pal you're a n00b..he yips and yaps yet gives no examples. Theres so many problems to long for him to list. Whatever. Whoever wrote that is an idiot. Classic shell is a joke in itself. Its for retards who cant handle change. Cant say even still that i've had one problem with or using win10. I use it on all my pcs at home and work.

I dont use ms store except on xbox.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Microsoft is moving moving away from the Win32 API, yes. Stupid, but fine, it's their call.
However, devs don't like being told what they can or can't do, so the devs will move away from the MS poison for good.
Eventually MS either realizes that Win32 API is pretty much the only thing that keeps developers with Windows 10 or Windows becomes an irrelevant platform as a whole.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
Microsoft is moving moving away from the Win32 API, yes. Stupid, but fine, it's their call.
However, devs don't like being told what they can or can't do, so the devs will move away from the MS poison for good.
Eventually MS either realizes that Win32 API is pretty much the only thing that keeps developers with Windows 10 or Windows becomes an irrelevant platform as a whole.

Oh really? I wait to see that happen. Your comments are fantasy from beginning to end.
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Anyone can find a whining site. I been a user of windows for... blah blah.. punch. Who gives a fuck pal you're a n00b..he yips and yaps yet gives no examples. Theres so many problems to long for him to list. Whatever. Whoever wrote that is an [censored]. Classic shell is a joke in itself. Its for retards who cant handle change. Cant say even still that i've had one problem with or using win10. I use it on all my pcs at home and work.

that is because you are a n00b.. i wouldn't expect anything less from someone like you

Quote:

UWP is trash, Win10 is trash for n00bs.. I use classic shell even on Win7 along with QTabbar and many other shell extensions that will simply not work on Win10 trash and there are no better replacements... and Win7 is an OS that doesn't have half the retarded dumbed down shit changes of Win10.

Still one less decent shell extension on Win10 = more frustrated users and developers who will look to other platforms and working on and improving those instead. Linux desktop variants may only achieve right now the equivalent of what WinXP succeeded in providing users in UI/UX and less bugs, features well over 10years ago... but it is atleast a platform that has potential to be better. Unlike Win10.. is no hope for it.. short of the entire management and the retards working at MS who have influenced such shit changes being fired for incompetence...and even then it would only be slowing the decline because no sane developer with the skills and talent would bother fixing and improving shit that has been corrupted to the core as Win8/10 has been.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koogle wrote:
Quote:
Anyone can find a whining site. I been a user of windows for... blah blah.. punch. Who gives a fuck pal you're a n00b..he yips and yaps yet gives no examples. Theres so many problems to long for him to list. Whatever. Whoever wrote that is an [censored]. Classic shell is a joke in itself. Its for retards who cant handle change. Cant say even still that i've had one problem with or using win10. I use it on all my pcs at home and work.

that is because you are a n00b.. i wouldn't expect anything less from someone like you

Quote:

UWP is trash, Win10 is trash for n00bs.. I use classic shell even on Win7 along with QTabbar and many other shell extensions that will simply not work on Win10 trash and there are no better replacements... and Win7 is an OS that doesn't have half the retarded dumbed down shit changes of Win10.

Still one less decent shell extension on Win10 = more frustrated users and developers who will look to other platforms and working on and improving those instead. Linux desktop variants may only achieve right now the equivalent of what WinXP succeeded in providing users in UI/UX and less bugs, features well over 10years ago... but it is atleast a platform that has potential to be better. Unlike Win10.. is no hope for it.. short of the entire management and the retards working at MS who have influenced such shit changes being fired for incompetence...and even then it would only be slowing the decline because no sane developer with the skills and talent would bother fixing and improving shit that has been corrupted to the core as Win8/10 has been.

Lol in comes the guy who uses an Apple.His comments so diahrea like, so lacking knowledge, I stop reading after line 1. Angry little boy...

P.s. windows 10 is still most popular os world wide.

http://gs.statcounter.com/windows-version-market-share/desktop/worldwide
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:
Koogle wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Lol in comes the guy who uses an Apple.His comments so diahrea like, so lacking knowledge, I stop reading after line 1. Angry little boy...

Linux.. Pffft. The OS that < 3% use. Ya, definitely after all these years it's definitely drawing attention.

P.S. windows 10 is still most popular os world wide. Been up and down with Win7 but leading the way in 2018 already.

http://gs.statcounter.com/windows-version-market-share/desktop/worldwide
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

walking is the most used transportation solution, that doesn't mean it's the best Razz
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
walking is the most used transportation solution, that doesn't mean it's the best Razz

Actually bicycles are.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: