Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Chinese PUBG Cheat Creators Arrested [45059]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:16 am    Post subject: Chinese PUBG Cheat Creators Arrested [45059] Reply with quote

Bloomberg reports that Tencent has teamed with the police in China to address rampant cheating in PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so, instead of fixing and patching the game, they are going to arrest cheaters?
Ok.
What's next, arresting the players that find bugs?

edit: The sole reason for those people creating cheats is the existence of that game. Arrest the game creators, developers and publishers. Problem solved. FFS...Crazy Chinese....
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes sense Tencent would be behind doing this seeing as Tencent own the major stake in Epic games who make the Unreal engine that Bluhole use to make pubg.. so more sales of pubg = more money for Tencent

so combating this major cheating problem in that game is a must for it to remain popular and bring more to players to it. Nothing kills a game faster and drives away potential new players than online hacking assholes.

and as far patching the game.. gx its just a whole lot of wack a mole that ultimately just leads to further draconian levels of anti cheat...while never really combating the root problem...those who deliberating try to make a business out of selling cheats to shitheads who would glady spend the money to get there kicks from beating legitimate players trying to play a competitive game fairly.

"so, instead of fixing and patching the game, they are going to arrest cheaters? "

They are arresting the cheat makers and cheat sellers..hell might aswel give warnings to those who promote cheating in online games aswel..

Its never going to go away especially in global online games outside of close communities that monitors and kicks out the cheaters but at least it stops it from going over the top.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheat makers thrive because the game design (or implementation) is bad.
Users (as well as these cheat makers) should sue the software developers for making a deliberately unsecure design and boycott them by getting a refund.

In general (any game):
Cheating in online games should be impossible - yet it happens because their code is shit.
They should not be able to sell shit in the first place - yet they do because there is no quality control of any kind (design, security, performance, etc.) for software at all.
So, in the end, anyone can sell any type of software of any quality.
That said, if you choose to buy shit, then shut the fuck up about the shit going to shit.
Spend your money on software worth paying for and do get refund when you are unhappy.

Back to this particular game, cheaters can easily make a counter-argument that:
- the EULA cannot be understood
- the EULA does not apply
- cheating - using documented or undocumented features - is not illegal anywhere (it is only a wish, really from the devs or the service providers they try to put in to the EULA but they fail on the most important points)
- cheat makers most of the time just enable features that are already there - and to be fair, cheat makers don't even see the EULA most of the time because they use a cracked software and private servers where the EULA does not even apply.
- cheaters do not reverse engineer any of the software, so they fully comply to the EULA anyway because the EULA does not specify what is considered cheating.

The devs are pissed because the gamers are pissed.
Gamers are pissed because the software is low quality and allows cheating.
Why would the cheat maker or the cheater at fault here?
Because of greed - devs don't want to invest time and effort into proper software design, or, maybe they are just simply not qualified to do that - so they want to find someone else to blame.
Simple as that.
Get your refund and fuck the developers.

Last edited by Csimbi on Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:53 pm; edited 10 times in total
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my whole comment is on the sarcastic side.

On a serious note: using cheats is illegal (TOS and that shit). Making cheats or rather applications that someone will buy - seems to be illegal too when it suits them. OR, maybe they will charge them for using a part of code from the game, which would be illegal. They cant charge them with "creating cheats".
But then, what are they going to charge with the people who just sold the cheats? Tax fraud?

as for this "helping the game", we shall see. To me, it says - stay the hell away from that game, cheaters galore and you could get arrested in some crazy shit coincidence.
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Cheat makers thrive because the game design (or implementation) is bad"

yeh there is always authoritative servers.. but that only combats speed hacks and weapon bullet hit, clip capacity, aim movement stuff etc..

it can never get around the fact the server has to eventually send the player position data, and to the cheater who then uses modded code to show those player positions in a much more exploitable way... no matter how sophisticated the anticheat server/client design and data encryption is. Like only sending player positions when its calculated on server end that those players would be visible/heard to the player ... at whatever level (which is always an extra waste on cpu performance to deal with)... the hacker will find some minor thing that could be exploitable.. and depending on the games popularity they will goto extreme lengths to get it working just for a skill of it... the money side of it is just another thing that keeps it going. The lack of morals and corruption in a populace to have such a large numbers of people sinking to these levels of cheating to get ahead even in a game, is just whole another issue. China is a country known for corruption.. its practically normal, but when games that attract such large numbers globally it really becomes a problem as it only encourages more to do the same, ultimately ruining the games.

So for me I think Tencent is in a good position make a stand against it where other game developers and publishers haven't really been able to fully get the authorities involved in putting a cap on this. When you look at large western companies doing the same it almost seems like they don't really give a shit about the fairplay aspect so much as it effecting the economy system they've built in the game.. like Blizzard. Valve is almost a joke considering the money they make and how they go about doing anything for the industry and online fairplay gamers...fuck Valve they need hauling in with the law on gambling crate shit and exploiting young gamers.

Anyway I don't dislike cheats and modding (when its not ruining someone elses game in a online environment.. vs AI i don't care.. or when everyone is using the same hacks), but at some point when cheating is used online in games played against other people who aren't using such hacks..its a growing problem that needs dealing with. And with more people playing games online competitively against others, I think its likely to get worse so fair warning to the hackers selling/giving out hacks to ruin the time spent by other people in games when they play by the rules.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's such a normal thing to be corrupt and cheat, then why did they get arrested?
They give zero fucks about US regulations (including Valve).
Were the officials bribed by Valve to take action this time?
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as their lives are screwed up as a result. I'm all for it. You wanna be a lame and cheat in your single player game go for it but leave online play out of it.

I don't play this game anymore. It bores me. Just a game for hackers and campers. I prefer the run&gun and those that promote some semblance of team play.

I also agree the game devs publishers are or should be responsible for putting out games with no or easily bypassed anti-cheat. EA is famous for this. Valve on the other hand and their VAC is complete BS including their ban methods. I know people who have been wrongly bad, not re-instated and lost their game to playing online.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as their lives are screwed up as a result. I'm all for it. You wanna be a lame and cheat in your single player game go for it but leave online play out of it.

I don't play this game anymore. It bores me. Just a game for hackers and campers. I prefer the run&gun and those that promote some semblance of team play.

I also agree the game devs publishers are or should be responsible for putting out games with no or easily bypassed anti-cheat. EA is famous for this. Valve on the other hand and their VAC is complete BS including their ban methods. I know people who have been wrongly bad, not re-instated and lost their game to playing online.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: