Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Windows 7 is now the most popular OS [44629]
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject: Windows 7 is now the most popular OS [44629] Reply with quote

, October’s Steam hardware and software survey data brought some very surprising news: the two operating systems suddenly swapped positions after Windows 7 users increased 22.45 percent while Windows 10 fell by just over 18 percent.

Worldwide, Windows 7 remains the most popular version of Microsoft’s OS, but tha

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"While Windows 10 has been most Steam users’ OS "

Well alot of those gaming idiots were gamed and duped by shitting game companies and MS itself. Marketing and advertising hype, and not mentioned deceitful tactics to force upgrades.. disgusting liars.

Like the makers of popular game Ark: Survival who were harping on for months about how Windblows shitting 10 would improve performance in its poorly optimized visual effect eye cancer of a game. Even after 2 fucking years dx12 support in there trash game, on winshit10 isn't working. They don't even talk about it why they lied so much about it. I bet they didn't even get paid to promote the junk OS, seeing as some of the devs were ex MS employees, just idiots though. Though it worked out in there favour seeing as idiots bought the game thinking it might get better with shit OS win10 later.

Dx12 and Win10 can go the way of the dodo. And while UE might support DX12 better now (they did in 2years ago when Ark fail developers tried to make it work... they just couldn't admit failure for lying so hard that they would be able to improve performance with it when in actual fact performance probably got overal worse unless you ran max settings at max resolution and used a titan)

the uses and advantages of dx12 are few and far between. Frankly any developer wasting there time on that sort of extra development might aswel and should just be using cross platform Vulkan api instead for the future.

Shame MS have fked Windows up in so many ways its just sad to see honestly.. I'll be using Win7+extensions+ nice looking theme + with decent UX, and control panel that doesn't look like 5year adult retard has been allowed to redesign it with square crap flat color design and piss poor options.. sadly the rest of the OS infested with junk and piss poor architecture. Updating 2+years later and its still trash.

I hope windows Ceo Satya Nadella (read as Sat-aN for the clueless as his name mocks the sheep) is ejected into hell for all eternity for turning a world class OS Windows into a dumbed down functioning and baby trash looking joke of an fking background spyware riddled OS now.

Anyone who can say Windows 10 is good (for idiots sure) but otherwise they are seen to me as just a clueless imbecile whos opinions on that are worthless... tom u got anything worthwhile to say..nope ok
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In real life, we already have Windows 14.

1507 Threshold 1 N/A July 29, 2015 May 9, 2017 October 14, 2025 10240 N/A
1511 Threshold 2 November Update November 10, 2015 October 10, 2017 N/A 10586 10586
1607 Redstone 1 Anniversary Update August 2, 2016 March 2018 October 13, 2026 14393 14393
1703 Redstone 2 Creators Update April 5, 2017 September 2018 N/A 15063 15063
1709 Redstone 3 Fall Creators Update October 17, 2017 March 2019 TBA 16299 15254

Build 1703 seems to be most stable so far

Fall Creators Update 1798 = FAIL Sad
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koogle wrote:
"While Windows 10 has been most Steam users’ OS "

Well alot of those gaming idiots were gamed and duped by shitting game companies and MS itself. Marketing and advertising hype, and not mentioned deceitful tactics to force upgrades.. disgusting liars.

Like the makers of popular game Ark: Survival who were harping on for months about how Windblows shitting 10 would improve performance in its poorly optimized visual effect eye cancer of a game. Even after 2 fucking years dx12 support in there trash game, on winshit10 isn't working. They don't even talk about it why they lied so much about it. I bet they didn't even get paid to promote the junk OS, seeing as some of the devs were ex MS employees, just idiots though. Though it worked out in there favour seeing as idiots bought the game thinking it might get better with shit OS win10 later.

Dx12 and Win10 can go the way of the dodo. And while UE might support DX12 better now (they did in 2years ago when Ark fail developers tried to make it work... they just couldn't admit failure for lying so hard that they would be able to improve performance with it when in actual fact performance probably got overal worse unless you ran max settings at max resolution and used a titan)

the uses and advantages of dx12 are few and far between. Frankly any developer wasting there time on that sort of extra development might aswel and should just be using cross platform Vulkan api instead for the future.

Shame MS have fked Windows up in so many ways its just sad to see honestly.. I'll be using Win7+extensions+ nice looking theme + with decent UX, and control panel that doesn't look like 5year adult retard has been allowed to redesign it with square crap flat color design and piss poor options.. sadly the rest of the OS infested with junk and piss poor architecture. Updating 2+years later and its still trash.

I hope windows Ceo Satya Nadella (read as Sat-aN for the clueless as his name mocks the sheep) is ejected into hell for all eternity for turning a world class OS Windows into a dumbed down functioning and baby trash looking joke of an fking background spyware riddled OS now.

Anyone who can say Windows 10 is good (for idiots sure) but otherwise they are seen to me as just a clueless imbecile whos opinions on that are worthless... tom u got anything worthwhile to say..nope ok

you are such a cock. all that's worth telling a fucking loser who trolls the site waiting for a MS new article. get a life you cock.

Last edited by Tom on Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heretic wrote:
In real life, we already have Windows 14.

1511 Threshold 2 November Update November 10, 2015 October 10, 2017 N/A 10586 10586
1607 Redstone 1 Anniversary Update August 2, 2016 March 2018 October 13, 2026 14393 14393
1709 Redstone 3 Fall Creators Update October 17, 2017 March 2019 TBA 16299 15254

I use Win10 (1607) on all my systems including my HTPC (die Linux die) and I have yet to have a single problem. Of course if you are a F'ing idiot and install any f'ing release MS puts out without waiting for community response.. that's your own F'ing problem. Win7 is great too, but as I said a long time ago. I like to be current, not stuck in the past.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think these news are hardly surprising.
Windows 10 is for the Enterprise - those peeps love it because its management is a breeze (costs are less than Windows 7's anyway and that's the most important for the greedy bastards).
If you can live without that - and frankly, most users do - they'll just stay on Windows 7.
Gamers tried Windows 10 but decided to stay on Windows 7 because older games are easier to run on Windows 7 and a lot of the tools are not working on Windows 10.
I think that these Windows 7 users will stay on it even after the official support will have ended.

I, for one, will stick with Windows 7 for I despise Windows 10 for everything it is: an incompatible and flashy information mine.

These Steam stats indicate well that gamers follow trends (not reason).
Kompressor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Microsoft should just revert back to Windows 7. Obviously that will never happen because Microsoft isn't finished self destructing. The sooner everyone moves to Linux, the better.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether Windows 7 is "THE LAST Windows" or Windows 10 makes little difference. MS would still add/remove stuff as they see fit, screwing everyone in the long run anyway.

But. A more interesting question would be: What happens when Steam announces that they don't support Windows 7 anymore?
Will they be upgrading all their games to Windows 10/11/12?
Or would gamers be force to play cracked games in VMs (without integrated IM, steaming, any achievements, workshop content, etc. that make Steam a somewhat more interesting platform than GOG)?
GOG had put enormous amount of work to make older games compatible with Windows 7 at least, some even run on 10. Do you think greedy Steam would do that?

My deepest respect to the GOG team - so far, they seem be the only player on the market that actually cares about the gamers.

Either way, since Steam does not actually care about users beyond collecting money from their bank account, my bet is on Steam simply requiring integration with GOG and offloading all obsolete games/content to GOG. GOG will have those games anyway and they will make sure that it runs, too.
What do you think?
Penetreitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject: When Windows 7 is out I'll probably switch to MAC OS Reply with quote

Everybody knows, even the non experienced users, that Windows 10 takes absolute control of your PC. Windows 7 still allows to control it in some way. That's why most of the USERS prefers that, Windows 10 is for persons with absolutely NO comupter knowledge alike the MAC users.

For example I couldn't find a firewall software that alerts you that an application is trying to connect via internet, and allows you to block it as PCTools Firewall does (and it's till working in W7).
That's is why W10 (US government for sure) DON'T WANT you can do it, in case they need to ACCESS and SNIFF about where are you and what are you doing....
Penetreitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: When Windows 7 is out I'll probably switch to MAC OS Reply with quote

Everybody knows, even the non experienced users, that Windows 10 takes absolute control of your PC. Windows 7 still allows to control it in some way. That's why most of the USERS prefers that, Windows 10 is for persons with absolutely NO comupter knowledge alike the MAC users.

For example I couldn't find a firewall software that alerts you that an application is trying to connect via internet, and allows you to block it as PCTools Firewall does (and it's till working in W7).
That's is why W10 (US government for sure) DON'T WANT you can do it, in case they need to ACCESS and SNIFF about where are you and what are you doing....
Penetreitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject: When Windows 7 is out I'll probably switch to MAC OS Reply with quote

When Windows 7 is out I'll probably switch to MAC OS

Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: When Windows 7 is out I'll probably switch to MAC OS Reply with quote

Penetreitor wrote:
When Windows 7 is out I'll probably switch to MAC OS

You don't know jack shit pal and I suspect you are just Koogle using another name because I can sense from what you say, you in fact know jack shit just like him. And how fucking ironic you post and he's disappeared. How fucking retarded can you be pal? You sit around and wait for a MS article so you can spew your fucking garbage knowledge.

As from Windows 10. Chrome install. You fucking idiot.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, yes, MS is working hard to own the whole ecosystem.
3rd party firewalls, etc. all stopped working and if they get no update, there is no alternative but to go with MS's own (my personal favourite, Agnitum Outpost is one of these).
As said before, this is acceptable for the Enterprise because they have the cash to pay for security and they don't care if your PC is spending more time on AV scans than processing documents.
Tech-savvy users obviously don't like this behaviour from MS because they like to be in the drivers' seat and control every bit of their OS (and every single CPU cycle, which is relevant to gamers, too).
There is nothing wrong with being in either camp - it's a personal choice, really. If you can put up with the misses of Windows 10, go for it.
MS shits on both camps anyway - it's just the Windows 10 users don't feel that yet.
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom just shut your mouth you ignorant sub 75iq spasticated retard.

If you think a 'one off' prompt from winblows shitting piss poor software development of a firewall, asking for complete network access (not even specific IP/Domain etc) is adequate control over network access for a program.. then you are literately fucking stupid.

Windows built in firewall is absolute trash and has remained that way for years and years.. can't imagine why, its specifically designed around not letting the user know about all the Win8/10 sniveling background service shit that has accumulated to wanting network access.

It's sad that third party developers have to make software to improve what should be a very core thing to any modern OS and that is putting the user is control over access other applications have to other networks and to parts of your OS/Filesystem etc. And doing so with a well thought out interface, with options to put the user in finer management control of it. They are treating consumers who buy there crap OS, as complete idiots, feeding them default approved fakeness lie peddling media and literately abusing them as the product for en mass telemetry data collection. With very little ways to opt out, frankly the entire design of Win10 modern dumbed down control panel/desktop and options makes the movie Idiocracy look like the past.

Anyway to those looking for a decent firewall I can recommend Netlimiter, little unknown fact that it has one of the best firewalls. I've used it for over10 years now.. it also works on win shitting10 aswel, though you'll have an uphill mole hitting battle of trying to tame the amount of background service shit that wants to send access to every meaningless part of Win10 dumb design that you happened to use(or not even use for that matter). Still it can be done. Win7 is far better in that regard aswel, as there is very little infested services that need internet for anything, which is the way it should be, until the user installs whatever internet required application.

From win10 start menu crap, cortona shit etc etc which files you open and websites you visit.. how long you spent looking at its dumb startmenu etc .. still it works and it will prompt and ask for every running application,dll etc that wants to get through the network. Sadly though you block the wrong thing and you might find some your win10 OS becomes an unusable pile of junk until unblocked.. weird how they've interconnected all there shit... to do that..so you can't block most of it.

I consider it a better firewall than most 'dedicated firewalls' applications. oh it also works at limiting bandwidth per app.

It's actually one of the few applications that hold me to Windows aside from other production applications.. Linux has shit security and privacy aswel, with zero decent comparable GUI firewalls (which I consider essential for reigning in control over what access a piece of software, OS etc has to outside networks.

Still back to MS, the developer teams seem to be better on the ball with C#/.Net cross platform support getting better on MacOS/Linux...That I feel moving away from Windows for a lot of people will just be inevitable as more developers work on cross platform games/software. What MS have done to trash and undermine what was once a far superior desktop to any other competitor... is still sad. AS neither Apple or Linux have done fuck all to really catch up. And neither crApple MacOS or the numerous variants of Linux desktop have anything to match even Windows Xp as a base OS in terms of design, bugfree, stability, window control design etc...not to mention far superior shell extensions that simply don't exist outside of windows... it will be a while yet before Windows is irrelevant but they sure are speeding up the hatred towards what they've done to decades of work.. pre CEO fucking retard shithead Satyan Razz

Quote:

Yeh literately nothing in all those releases that even vaguely appeals, and yet there so much they could do it improve Win10 if they ever sack all the management retards who thought lobotomize into what it is currently.. Also aside from removing all the telemetry shit out of it, and actually making it an OS that doesn't require internet crap cloud access for all its pointless cloud/social/fakenews media shit. My trust with MS/Windows is low, but they still do better development tools, just glad its going cross platform overall (but yknow maybe thats just cus they see the writing on the wall for windows, and they still want idiot developers using there tools, so they can infest some background crap into the compiling to still keep the spy tracking going on outside of windows... which is why decent firewalls are important to any OS imo)

Last edited by Koogle on Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duplicated post

Last edited by Koogle on Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: