Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

How to disable Chrome's phishing and malware warnings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> This website - Changes, Bugs, Suggestions~
View previous topic :: View next topic  
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject: How to disable Chrome's phishing and malware warnings Reply with quote

Google Chrome for the longest time has been helping users to stay away from sites that may be known to trying to deliver some sort of phishing or malware. If you try to access one of these sites, Chrome will automatically warn users by displaying a red warning page that the site you're trying to access is known for phishing attacks or contains malware.

In addition, the feature helps to prevent from downloading harmful files to your computer. So, basically it behaves like an antivirus, however it’s a prevention tool, because if your computer was to get infected, Chrome can’t help you to remove the infection (unless you use the browser to find a solution, in which case, Chrome help you to remove the infection).

While this is a great feature to have in Google’s web browser to help users stay safe online, the database Google maintains may not be one hundred percent accurate. This may cause users frustration trying to access sites advanced users know are likely not to be harmful.

For example all trainers on ggmania.com are OK, scanned by ESET, Kaspersky and tested. I'm not going to remove all trainers from the site only because GOOGLE IS FOOL. Most files that worked 10-15 years ago and they are still working Google suddenly now don't like and claims it's malware Sad
<br><Br>
Luckily, the protection feature in Chrome can easily be disabled by going to Chrome’s settings, specifically to the Privacy settings (chrome://settings/search#privacy) and simply unchecking the “Enable phishing and malware protection” option.

After disabling the phishing and malware protection option, you’ll be able to browse any website you like.

FIREFOX HAS THE SAME OPTION:

Last edited by heretic on Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rippedgeek
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was concerned that you'd been hit by some form of malware attack - I love GGMania and have been visiting for many, many years - since the very early days of gameguru.box.sk. The advice you're posting is not a good idea though, this can open a PC up to some very serious malware or other cyber attacks.
There must be a way to whitelist your website or domain that doesn't resort to disabling Chrome or FireFox's built-in security.

Anway, hope you're in good health.
Rip
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rippedgeek wrote:
I was concerned that you'd been hit by some form of malware attack - I love GGMania and have been visiting for many, many years - since the very early days of gameguru.box.sk. The advice you're posting is not a good idea though, this can open a PC up to some very serious malware or other cyber attacks.
There must be a way to whitelist your website or domain that doesn't resort to disabling Chrome or FireFox's built-in security.

Anway, hope you're in good health.
Rip

thank you my friend Wink

my war with Google lasts years, I'm doing my best to keep this website out of any black list.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> This website - Changes, Bugs, Suggestions~ All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: