Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

EA recommends a GTX1060 for Andromeda [42918]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject: EA recommends a GTX1060 for Andromeda [42918] Reply with quote

ed for gaming at 1080p/30fps on High settings. This caught us off guard as Mass Effect: Andromeda is powered by DICE's Frostbite 3 Engine; an engine that performs incredibly well on the PC platform. On the other hand, NVIDIA claims that its GeForce GTX1060 can offer an almost 60fps (average) experience at 1080p on High

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you need a 1060 because this game is probably coded like shit. I got a feeling this game is gonna run like shit on PC and it's for this reason I won't be running to get it right away. I'll wait till I read community feedback. Some bullshit IGN rating is going to do nothing to entice me. Had you asked me 2 months back I was ready and willing to buy now I am just skeptical as shit, and sorry I can't get past this plastic hair shit. Cut corners like this shit and then saying oh you need a 1060.. f'off.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't give a damn about what EA recommends.
But, to show them my appreciation, I will pirate the shit out of this games just to give them back some fuck yous I got from them.
lorcro2000
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A GTX 1060 is a budget card. A GTX 970 should be fairly comparable, and a GTX 980 probably beats it, not that I've bothered looking at comparos. But I'd guess the 970 is a few frames slower. Just dial back some of the quality settings and you're no doubt fine.

Now, if they'd have specified a 1080, it might have been worth complaining about.

But we'll see, I'll probably wait for reviews. EA are so damned greedy that they'll probably make most of the game into expensive DLC...
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lorcro2000 wrote:
A GTX 1060 is a budget card. A GTX 970 should be fairly comparable, and a GTX 980 probably beats it, not that I've bothered looking at comparos. But I'd guess the 970 is a few frames slower. Just dial back some of the quality settings and you're no doubt fine.

Now, if they'd have specified a 1080, it might have been worth complaining about.

But we'll see, I'll probably wait for reviews. EA are so damned greedy that they'll probably make most of the game into expensive DLC...

Honestly lorcro2000, I doubt I will have to scale anything back. It's nothing but marketing for Nvidia.

"Sure, we'll help you with your game in exchange you push our products come release time."

"Ya sure no prob!"
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lorcro2000 wrote:
A GTX 1060 is a budget card. A GTX 970 should be fairly comparable,

1060 (3gb) is 240 euros here, 970 is 200 euros (and up), used, usually without warranty...

That's hardly a "budget" card...Budget cards are under 160 euros...And like dinosaurs, they got wiped out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: