Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Windows 10 Game Mode Plans [42562]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject: Windows 10 Game Mode Plans [42562] Reply with quote

A post by Microsoft's Major Nelson has an update from Mike Ybarra, Head of Platform Engineering for Xbox, who outlines a bunch of features coming to Xbox One and Windows 10. This includes a confirmation of previous indications of a new performance mode for gaming coming to Windows 10.

Increased performance in gaming

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Our goal is to make Windows 10 the best Windows ever for gaming.

Heard that before. Look where it got you. Not the "worst Windows ever" but close.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already use game bar and I look forward to these updates. I'm truly happy to be on Win10. It's stable and fast. Must be the reason most gamers today are using Win10. MS work on PC gaming is showing and the integration of Xbox into Win10 is really coming around. The day they updated Xbox with Win10 was a momentus day to be an owner. More than I realized. My kids love it too.

Don't listen to the dumbass clueless fucktard hater above or Koogle. They're still on XP for god sakes and own a flip-phone.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already use game bar and I look forward to these updates. I'm truly happy to be on Win10. It's stable and fast. Must be the reason most gamers today are using Win10. MS work on PC gaming is showing and the integration of Xbox into Win10 is really coming around. The day they updated Xbox with Win10 was a momentus day to be an owner. More than I realized. My kids love it too.

Don't listen to the dumbass clueless fucktard hater above or Koogle. They're still on XP for god sakes and own a flip-phone.
Genoism
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh c'mon xp wasn't that bad, he's probably using windows millennium, or maybe he's on a mac. Same thing I suppose.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Genoism wrote:
Oh c'mon xp wasn't that bad, he's probably using windows millennium, or maybe he's on a mac. Same thing I suppose.

Serious hate problems followed with little knowledge. How do you criticize an OS you don't even use? Base your opinions on other uninformed crap? The guy also complains because Nvidia Experience slows his PC. Maybe he just hates because he has a lousy PC. Probably really games on a Wii only.

Seriously can't wait for Xbox to have keyb/mouse support option. Whenever they do that.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some people are tripping their ballz off to keep their placebo up and runing

http://www.techspot.com/review/1042-windows-10-vs-windows-8-vs-windows-7/page6.html

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/07/30/windows-10-vs-windows-8-1-gaming-benchmark-comparison-which-os-grants-better-performance/

even when /where faster, it's negligible and not worth most people's time to upgrade

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2949894/windows/windows-10-vs-windows-8-performance-benchmarks-show-a-close-battle-for-fastest.html

but hey, I don't expect placebo folk with windows 10 to accept reality anymore than I expect Pope to admit that religion is bullshit to shave sheep and keep them in line.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
some people are tripping their ballz off to keep their placebo up and runing

http://www.techspot.com/review/1042-windows-10-vs-windows-8-vs-windows-7/page6.html

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/07/30/windows-10-vs-windows-8-1-gaming-benchmark-comparison-which-os-grants-better-performance/

even when /where faster, it's negligible and not worth most people's time to upgrade

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2949894/windows/windows-10-vs-windows-8-performance-benchmarks-show-a-close-battle-for-fastest.html

but hey, I don't expect placebo folk with windows 10 to accept reality anymore than I expect Pope to admit that religion is bullshit to shave sheep and keep them in line.

I rather be on a current OS. I'm not only a gamer, I'm a tech and I keep up with the times, not fall behind.

No Sir I don't use Win10, I see no reason. I'm on Win7.

Thanks we'll call you.

Based on my experience and not some shit write-up: Win 10 has:
- Better drivers and hardware coverage.
- Better performance, overall (you only will know this when you use it.)
- Better Xbox compatibility.
- Better desktop
- Better SSD compatibility, speed.
- Better security.
- Better compatibility with mobile, tablets.
- Better stability and faster than Win7 and Win8. (constantly fast, doesn't slow down)

Steam the biggest game pushing platforms lists Win 10 as the OS of choice for gamers.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't use windows 7, nor would I recommend it nowadays unless person uses some old rig that has some hardware for which there are no drivers for anything above windows 7. However, win 10 has vague advantages over win 8.1 (update 1). Security? I don't rely on windows security, ever. I would continue to not rely on it on win 10.
Faster SSD? Nope. It's not up to windows.

the rest, well, it's a matter matter of personal preference, has nothing to do with speed, which I was referring to in general.

Also, I have no stability issues on win 8.1. It hasn't seen fresh install for over 4 years. It doesn't slow down. Idk why tyours was slowing down. That was win XP issue after some months...Since kernel based access drivers for critical components, no more issues with that. So if it slows down, it's a user error, intentional or not.

Quote:
Steam the biggest game pushing platforms lists Win 10 as the OS of choice for gamers.

Steam also list intel HD xxxx APU as the most used graphics adapter. If I remember correctly, most steam users use 2GB of ram. It's irrelevant what Steam lists. There far more poor people on Steam then people like, well, you or even me, although, I consider myself poor in comparison to most of you guys Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: