Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Manhattan Chase Demo [18215]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Manhattan Chase Demo [18215] Reply with quote

Dutch developer Team6 has now released

the final playable demo (local US mirror ~ 159MB) for

Manhattan Chase, allowing you to try out their 3rd-person shooter/arcade racing game which lets you choose between the brave side of the police, or the evil side of the criminals. The single-player demo features one

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Steely
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Manhattan Chase Reply with quote

Don't download this! The game would be amazing if it wasn't for the poor graphics, gameplay, sound, physics, etc.

When you finally get to drive around, you drive around at 1000Mph, with about as much control as volleyball on ice and brakes made of feathers!

If this were freeware, THEN I might think about wasting a new minutes, but please how can anyone expect people to part with their cash for such a shoddy game! I imagine the pirates out there wouldn't even go near it...
SilverBlade
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This demo rocks! Very Happy Never before I downloaded a game that has this cool physics: addictive, fast, agressive, wild!!!

The music (steely) is from Theatre of Tragedy: You either love it, or hate it Twisted Evil

There's one "but" for me: The min.specs are not correct, since you need at least twice as much to run this game properly. Otherwise it will look and play like shit. Shocked But if you have a -good- and really -fast- computer.. I recommend downloading this demo!
Steely
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol!! Well each to their own I guess...

The music is good, but the rest of the game feels like a very cheap GTA clone. It's fast, aggressive and wild alright, but that's about it..

Cool physics??? Where the hell you from? The moon?? Cars just do not flip up in the air and bounce around like beach balls - give me GTA, Carmaggeddon, Driv3r, etc. anyday - the physics ain't brilliant in GTA or Carmageddon), but damn better than this effort!

Graphically it's dire - have you seen the size of the bullet hole textures?? If this game looked and handled like GTA, driv3r, etc. it would be awesome..
SilverBlade
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GTA is a little slow for me, but Carmaggeddon is indeed a good comparison with this game. The bad thing is.. there is no new Carmageddon since .. 2000? Sad

Manhattan Chase is the closest thing possible. If only Team6 gets a budget similar to the Carmaggeddon team and they get the official license.. (and work a lot on the physics..) perhaps it's something REALLY cool then Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: