Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

BLACKROOM, Revealed [41337]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:17 am    Post subject: BLACKROOM, Revealed [41337] Reply with quote

John Romero has just revealed the new first-person shooter he is making alongside Adrian Carmack, called BLACKROOM. BLACKROOM is described as a visceral, varied and violent shooter that harkens back to classic FPS play with a mixture of exploration, speed, and intense, weaponized combat. The game will launch with uniqu

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
V-ampire
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of the game, the Enterprise's holodeck make everything possible and believable so that you can mix and match n different game environments in a single game. All depends on how it will be done.

What I don't like:

1) At the moment, it seems there is NOTHING to see.

2) They want to raise $700K, and I'm pretty sure they will do it because just around 20,000 "normal" backers are enough to do it and for sure in all the world there are 20,000 persons who likes Romero enough to give him 30$ no questions asked. In exchange for these $700K you again get NOTHING.

3) With those $700K, Romero will go to real investors waving the successful kickstarter under their nose, as a "proof" of many more people interested in the game, his name, etc. At this point the real cost of the game could levitate to $2,5M as to $25M, who knows. In the meantime still NOTHING.

4) At this point we should start to see something. It is expected to be released by end of 2018. Considering investors will pressure some changes into the game along the way, the game will probably end up different from what originally described, and delayed. Considering the past and Romero involvement, 2020 it's not out of this world.

All the above if I understood correctly and if Romero didn't change in the meantime Rolling Eyes

Good luck !
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! Piece of shit. Romero is washed up and nobody gives a shit about him. His reputation is he sucks. And it's justified. Everything he's done has been failure. If Carmack was smart, he'd run away from this washed up hack. I doubt there is 20,000 retards out there that would give him a dime but then again, it's PC land, easily pleased. I'd be highly surprised anyone picks up this shit. Nobody wants to touch Romero. Hopefully after this failed endeavor John takes a hike and becomes a garbage man, like he was destined to be.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: