Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

CRYENGINE - DX12 Versus DX11 [41220]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:33 pm    Post subject: CRYENGINE - DX12 Versus DX11 [41220] Reply with quote

club4ghz has released two videos, showcasing the performance difference between CRYENGINE V and CRYENGINE 3, as well as the performance difference between CRYENGINE V’s DX11 and DX12 modes.

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all the hype around DX12 I expected it to be faster than DX11.
Where's the promised 200% framerate improvement (same game, same card)???
Seems that there's no reason to upgrade to WinDOS 10 for another decade.
MS fucked up yet again. Hardly surprising.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's because you're clueless Csimbi and trolling, and as usual you know jack shit. Many reasons exist for why performance would be off. One big reason is DX12 requires more work than DX11, did they invest the time and money needed for true DX12? I think not. Is it a poor implementation? Probably, yes. DX12 requires a different kind of thinking/planning when it comes to implementation in your game. DX11 and DX12 do not work the same, DX12 is a lower level API where DX11 relied a lot on the driver. It's pretty clear that the engine has loose DX12 usage. DX12 should at the least match DX11 if it's done right. If it doesn't it's obviously a shit-show implementation. But it also makes sense what you are seeing, as they do not want to waste the time on DX12 right now as most people are using < DX12. Now go fucking troll somewhere else.

To summaries for you genius:
DX12 requires more work, knowledge
DX12 uses a lower level API, it's not driver based like DX11 and before
DX12 performance should at least equal DX11, if it's done right where in this engine, it's clearly not.
Most people are not gaming DX12 anyway. It's comes down to a business / money reason.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, I care little about the gory details; I just don't give a damn anymore. Most of the stuff you read are lies anyhow. (like this comparison, according to you)

Not sure why this is trolling though.
GG posted a comparison - I assumed it's valid - and I stated that it's crap.
You said the same thing, though your reasoning is different.
Not sure how that's trolling for me but not for you - we both expected it to be better, no?

Anyhow, the bottom line is: this comparison is useless.
But that begs the question: Why bother posting it in the first place?

My problem about DX12 is this:
There are only a very few game makers that do quality product with <=DX11 and there are tons that produce crap.
If they can't code a decent game, how can we expect them to code a decent DX12 implementation of their own?
I guess soon everything will be Unity-based because people can't code anymore.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
Aye, I care little about the gory details; I just don't give a damn anymore. Most of the stuff you read are lies anyhow. (like this comparison, according to you)

Not sure why this is trolling though.
GG posted a comparison - I assumed it's valid - and I stated that it's crap.
You said the same thing, though your reasoning is different.
Not sure how that's trolling for me but not for you - we both expected it to be better, no?

Anyhow, the bottom line is: this comparison is useless.
But that begs the question: Why bother posting it in the first place?

My problem about DX12 is this:
There are only a very few game makers that do quality product with <=DX11 and there are tons that produce crap.
If they can't code a decent game, how can we expect them to code a decent DX12 implementation of their own?
I guess soon everything will be Unity-based because people can't code anymore.

You are attacking Win10, based on DX12. Primary reason I step in. Unfair judgement.

2nd you say MS fucked up. No, Not exactly. Crytek fucked up. Blaming MS is the uninformed answer. Again, unfair judgement.

I use Win10 daily and at work. It's an excellent OS when properly configured. Anyone who tells me otherwise, is an idiot as far as I'm concerned. I don't and never have based my actions on what some dipshit says. I try and see for myself and I don't give up.

As for the rest....

DX12 looks better on the box = more sales. People with more money than brains.

Why even post this shit to begin with? Incite a flame war, attract more people to the site. Haven't I already stated this a few times...?

And ya, Unity is shit. I won't touch anything MP & Unity.
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ms fucked up..

dx12 is a shit, and AMD (along with DICE pretty much did all the work on this api change for desktop pc's) while those fucking slackers at shitcorp MS decided they needed to pull another Dx10 vista to push all retard gamers into upgrading winshit10 so they copied the idea seeing that mantle would be open competition to dx/d3d, but they got a huge start with the open sourced code that AMD shared.

While actual game engine developers really had little incentive to do all this work adding Dx12 support for what.. fucking winshit10 audiences? excuse me dimshit tom.. but the market is going outside of fucking microsoft now.. people don't want the fucking OS lockin. Developers would rather support multiplatform.

Vulkan itself is better than dx12, albeit they had more time to flesh out the features and inner workings (it was only finalized end of lastyear).. but vulkan is a win for the industry as a whole aswel as consumers. Its as upto date .. unlike past where opengl sometimes would lag behind directx. Maybe if MS had spent more time on the API and allowing it to work for win7 aswel instead of kicking it out the door with than winshit 10 slop last year they might have gotten more support from game engines and developers.

Instead most game engines are only doing this work to support dx12 because alot of the underhood changes needed for it to work, will make supporting Vulkan alot easier aswel.. but make no mistake the industry don't give a fuck about dx12... only retarded fans who suck up to ms think so.

but one thing is right supporting dx12 or vulkan will take years before game developers and engine devs can really make use of, and learn all the changes needed to fully utilize this new framework and change in making games. The fact crytek have gotten performance improvements at all with what is essentially still mainly an old framework is a good thing. Unity and Unreal both now have dx12 support avialable for developers to test, but not many people are getting the improvements they really want because its a huge change in doing things. Those fucking ark survival developers (close ties with MS from past jobs) promised dx12 bullshit hype for winshit10's release.. and even now dx12 is not there because in there own fucking words the performance improvements of using dx12 aren't quite there yet...its not what they said pre july last year though.. when those and media like them OVERHYPED DX12 BULLSHIT TO SELL USERS ON WINSHIT10 .. cus only morons like cutting edge of a shit scrapform like winshit10

winshit10 Razz winshit10 tom
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's funny to me is that you think I read your bipolar posts. You are a loser and nothing you post is worth my time. Maybe one day like Stumpus, you'll figure it out.
th4t1guy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
you say MS fucked up. No, Not exactly. Crytek fucked up.

This isn't an official Crytek video, it's just some person on youtube. He lists his computer case model as part of his specs for christs sake.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

th4t1guy wrote:
Quote:
you say MS fucked up. No, Not exactly. Crytek fucked up.

This isn't an official Crytek video, it's just some person on youtube. He lists his computer case model as part of his specs for christs sake.

So what??? Listing his PC specs is smart so you have some sort of basis for which to compare.

I don't see any trickery in the video, so whatever. It tells me is Cryengine out of the box has crap DX12 support. I really don't care.
th4t1guy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you're right. It's too bad he left out a bunch of other information though. I wonder what headphones he was using. Maybe Dre Beats?

Holy fuck you are retarded.
th4t1guy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not the guy responding to myself. Idiot.
th4t1guy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: