Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Far Cry: Primal Will Be Protected By The Denuvo [40910]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:03 pm    Post subject: Far Cry: Primal Will Be Protected By The Denuvo [40910] Reply with quote

Ubisoft has revealed via EULA that Far Cry: Primal will be protected by the Denuvo anti-tamper tech, while Rise of the Tomb Raider was also spotted on Denuvo's website. What's really interesting here is that according to this EULA, some files of the Denuvo anti-tamper tech may remain on the PC even after the game's uni

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Denuvo anti-tamper tech may remain on the PC

Rings a bell?
Which earlier copy protection was ruled illegal because of this?
tiamat
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Far Cry: Primal Will Be Protected By The Denuvo [40910] Reply with quote

ggrobot wrote:
Does this mean PC game sales will go up? LOL, I think they're dreaming Smile Instead of paying for Denuvo licence they should work on the game so it won't suck...

That isn't the biggest issue. I have only played one Denuvo-protected game so far and it relies on their servers. Once they decide to shut the servers down you can't install the game anymore and I refuse to buy any game that they will effectively take away my ability to play whenever they feel like it.

I think I will be getting Rise of the Tomb Raider free with my new graphics card but I won't be buying Just Cause 3 or Primal.
huldu
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This so screams StarForce. Everything about denuvo and how everyone will be starting to use it. It seems pretty darn great at what it does - but then again so did StarForce. It was one helluva nut to crack and so is denuvo. I actually think it's great, finally gives the crackers a real challenge for a change and no longer will the publishers be able to blame poor sales on piracy but rather how shitty their game is - if it is. I'm not saying all games are bad but you know what I'm talking about.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
it relies on their servers

I wonder if it comes with an agreement to use a 3rd party (and install their software that just won't be cleaned up after uninstall).
German lawyers are going to love this, lol

tiamat wrote:
ggrobot wrote:
Does this mean PC game sales will go up? LOL, I think they're dreaming Smile Instead of paying for Denuvo licence they should work on the game so it won't suck...

IMHO, this will drive PC sales down.
If pirates can't play, pirates won't upgrade PCs. It's that simple.

But I'm sure it'll be cracked eventually, like Steam, Ubi and Orbit and so many before them. Eventually they'll stop paying these DRM-selling companies (money spent in vain) and it goes down the trash just the same - leaving gamers who actually bought the game in trouble (or they patch out DRM).

There's a reason for people preferring GOG.com releases Wink

Last edited by Csimbi on Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very very interested in FC: Primal sales. Not because of Denuvo, but because of what it is.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
I am very very interested in FC: Primal sales. Not because of Denuvo, but because of what it is.

I think it'll be a major disappointment - for both the gamers and the sales team.

If you want to hunt, there are games out there already.
Most likely more immersive ones.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
gx-x wrote:

I think it'll be a major disappointment - for both the gamers and the sales team.

If you want to hunt, there are games out there already.
Most likely more immersive ones.

I am repelled more by the commanding animals to do stuff. Like an animal circus trainer or something...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: