Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Star Citizen Threatens Lawsuit Against The Escapist [40366]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:55 am    Post subject: Star Citizen Threatens Lawsuit Against The Escapist [40366] Reply with quote

Looks like Cloud Imperium Games is going to take legal action against website The Escapist following their article exposing hostile working conditions and possible funds mismanagement.
Here are the ten top selling titles on Steam for the week as reported by Valve: The attorney also claims throughout the letter th

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
kittomer
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what the background here is, but hell, anyone who takes Derek Smart and any claims he may have serious is an idiot. Whew.
tiamat
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kittomer wrote:
I don't know what the background here is, but hell, anyone who takes Derek Smart and any claims he may have serious is an [censored]. Whew.

The problem is that Derek was just the first person to start asking the questions others were thinking. Some backers (myself included) have been complaining about the almost non-existent progress on SC for some time. Many are realising that the 90 million they have is probably not actually enough to deliver everything that has been promised when you compare their scope to other games that had bigger budgets and smaller scopes.

CiG could easily clear these rumours up by stating how long they can keep the lights on at their current spend rate and the fact they have refused to is making people think they do in fact have something to hide.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He doesn't need to tell you jack shit until he needs too. A decision he himself will make/determine. You are an ignorant fuck to sit there throw $20 bucks in and think you are entitled to something more. You don't know shit about their "current spend rate". Derek Smart is a known asshole. Just google derek smart asshole.

In 2003....!

http://www.somethingawful.com/news/five-biggest-jerks/
tiamat
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am well aware of Derek's reputation but I happen to agree with him in this case and I am not the only one. I don't think I am entitled to anything regardless of my pledge, I just pointed out that CiG could have ended these rumours very easily when they first started appearing months ago and they haven't done so which is just fuelling the rumours now.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't give a damn about any of these jerks.
I'm not even sure which one of them is worse for the gamers.
So, Derek, the dev team and their managers can all go and eff each other.
El_Coyote
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do know that Somethingawful is a comedy site, right? you can't quote anything as serious info.
As a long time SA user I know that's laughable, and who even reads the front page anyway?

Derek started to do his thing in the Star Citizen thread on Something Awful. He got trolled so badly he ragequit.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El_Coyote wrote:
You do know that Somethingawful is a comedy site, right? you can't quote anything as serious info.
As a long time SA user I know that's laughable, and who even reads the front page anyway?

Derek started to do his thing in the Star Citizen thread on Something Awful. He got trolled so badly he ragequit.

Yes, El_Coyote, but that's a serious article. Want another dozen articles? Smart is one of the biggest assholes out there... well, next to Koogle. Just sayin...
th4t1guy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:

Yes, El_Coyote, but that's a serious article.

And the author was seriously begging for a remake of Syndicate.
Be careful what you wish for....
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, do you guys know anything about game dev's? He's internationally known as an asshole. It's well documented! His name is attached to the shittiest games on the planet. Letting him even part way into your door is a huge mistake. He's an arrogant fuck and never admits he's wrong, it's always everyone else. He always knows the right choices yet has never made them. He's a troublemaker and when things don't go his way, he tries to absolve himself of blame. https://encyclopediadramatica.se/index.php?title=Derek_Smart&diff=prev&oldid=270625

His website http://www.dereksmart.org/ wreaks of "I suck" and I hope you find my posts Derek.
zarlin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:
Seriously, do you guys know anything about game dev's? He's internationally known as an asshole. It's well documented! His name is attached to the shittiest games on the planet. Letting him even part way into your door is a huge mistake. He's an arrogant fuck like a lot of people who post here. Never admits he's wrong, it's always everyone else. He's a troublemaker and when things don't go his way, he tries to absolve himself of blame. https://encyclopediadramatica.se/index.php?title=Derek_Smart&diff=prev&oldid=270625

His website http://www.dereksmart.org/ wreaks of "I suck" and I hope you find my posts Derek.

He's an arrogant fuck like a lot of people who post here. Never admits he's wrong, it's always everyone else. He's a troublemaker and when things don't go his way, he tries to absolve himself of blame

Are you talking about your self binky
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zarlin wrote:
He's an arrogant fuck like a lot of people who post here. Never admits he's wrong, it's always everyone else. He's a troublemaker and when things don't go his way, he tries to absolve himself of blame[/b]

I know I am right! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: