Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Fable Legends DirectX 12 Benchmarks [40319]
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:34 pm    Post subject: Fable Legends DirectX 12 Benchmarks [40319] Reply with quote

s is powered by Unreal Engine 4 and will be a F2P title, and these first benchmarks will give you a glimpse at the game's performance at 1080p (as well as 2160p).

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh look at that, you get great fps on a rocket-pc. Wow, valuable information there. Thanks for the non-typical users pc performance stats.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks lame-ass slow (on a hardware like that) for the performance marketing hype known as DX12.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:
Oh look at that, you get great fps on a rocket-pc. Wow, valuable information there. Thanks for the non-typical users pc performance stats.

according to steam, some 65% of users use APU (integrated graphic) for gaming. That's basically allowing them ~20fps in 1080p on newer AAA games. Should we expect that you can just buy intel iX something with HDXXXX APU and have, say, BF hardline work @50fps? I mean, that's your mainstream PC right there, no discrete GPU at all.

Some i5 from whichever series + some up to 200$ GPU is just fine for, say, graphics settings at 4 out of 5, with 5 being max/ultra whatever and no AA @1080p. That's hardly a "rocket PC". It will give a very good framerate and image quality
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stats come with a cpu not even on the market. A cpu that will likely cost well over $600 Cdn. The benchmark is stupid, it's a non-typical scenario that serves nobody anything other than bragging/marketing for new hardware. I don't know wtf you are talking about. I didn't say "some i5" and I didn't say it was a rocket either. This is bench with an unreleased i7 processor. Take a look at the fucking pic. That's what my comments are in regards too.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:
The stats come with a cpu not even on the market. A cpu that will likely cost well over $600 Cdn. The benchmark is stupid, it's a non-typical scenario that serves nobody anything other than bragging/marketing for new hardware. I don't know wtf you are talking about. I didn't say "some i5" and I didn't say it was a rocket either. This is bench with an unreleased i7 processor. Take a look at the fucking pic. That's what my comments are in regards too.

wow....well maybe you should write your thoughts down a bit better next time then.
Ofc benchmark is stupid, every benchmark is stupid if you expect it to show you something meaningful for real life experience.

What they published is extra dumb because of that CPU but still, that is no rocket PC, that CPU is worse than i7 4790, ddr4 sucks ballz atm.

So I guess my point is: you don't need that kind of system to have good performance. You are paying premium price to stay "trendy".
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you lovebirds agree.

But your courting makes you blind to the fact that DX12 is not going to deliver.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
I'm glad you lovebirds agree.

But your courting makes you blind to the fact that DX12 is not going to deliver.

I skipped commenting on dx12 on purpose. There is no point to comment on it without having results from other API's.

DX12 doesn't mean every game will run 10x better or 2x better or better at all because it is not up to API, it's up to developers.

Think of it as a great car. How well it runs depends solely on a driver.

With that being sad, I am yet to see developers taking decent advantage of DX12. I commented on that "ashes of singularity" test. What else is there? Just 3DMark and it's draw calls test which is not saying much really.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the contrary. I was led to believe that's exactly what DX12 offers: devs do not need to care anymore - all GPU cores will be seen and used, no matter whether they are on the CPU or the GPU.
So, you see, it should not matter what game it is.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
On the contrary. I was led to believe that's exactly what DX12 offers: devs do not need to care anymore - all GPU cores will be seen and used, no matter whether they are on the CPU or the GPU.
So, you see, it should not matter what game it is.

you either got it wrong, or was, more likely, mislead. Devs NEED to optimize render paths within the engine to properly utilize ANY API. IF it was like you think it is, you would just need to run any game on windows 10 and whoila, it would have improved performance. Wink
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this was supposed to be true for DX12 games, not all games.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until DX12 comes out there's nothing much to say but all this article is trying to do is push hardware that's all. Hardware that's not needed to play and enjoy games. Only sucker who would buy this would be Stumpus and I'll bet ya he already upgraded his cpu etc. I've no plans to sink any money into my PC and likely when it's needing upgrades I'll move to an Xbox with keyboard and mouse and use my PC strictly for work and email.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ofc they are trying to push hardware, they live off of it. They get it for free then they use it for tests and reviews. Every single business on this planet does the same. Everybody pushes something.
psolord
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As everybody knows DX12 will bring better cpu resources utilization.

That's the most important feature.

For example, in Anandtech Fable performance test, we can that an i3 provides similar performance as a i7.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9659/fable-legends-directx-12-benchmark-analysis/3

That, paired with a cheap r9 290 would provide a very decent gaming experience.

Why are you talking about rocket PCs that are about to embark on a trip to Mars and such?
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psolord wrote:
As everybody knows DX12 will bring better cpu resources utilization.

That's the most important feature.

For example, in Anandtech Fable performance test, we can that an i3 provides similar performance as a i7.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9659/fable-legends-directx-12-benchmark-analysis/3

That, paired with a cheap r9 290 would provide a very decent gaming experience.

Why are you talking about rocket PCs that are about to embark on a trip to Mars and such?

Please send some money to poor people, a lousy 200$ would be enough, since r9 290 @250 eur is cheap for you, thanksblessyou.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: