Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Gamers Should Be Worried About Windows 10 [39967]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:31 am    Post subject: Gamers Should Be Worried About Windows 10 [39967] Reply with quote

Windows 10 is just around the corner. Microsoft's newest operating system rolls out to the masses in just a few days, on July 29th. Many early reviews of the operating system have been positive. Better still, it's rolling out as a free update for Windows users. But there are already causes for concern. Chief among thes

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only time I get winblows updates is when I install a fresh copy of windows that has the all the updates upto that point in time slipstreamed in with the install, windows update can go fuck itself.

And yeah nvidia users should be worried there updates have been known to brick gfx cards. Rarely update gfx drivers maybe once in a few months or for a specific game not every month.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://hexus.net/tech/news/software/84977-microsoft-releases-windows-10-tool-hideblock-updates/
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like i said winblows update can fuck itself.

People are stupid to accept always on updating whenever M$ or shit scum 'partners' decide they want to offload some approved and 'trusted' spymalware I mean 'security' fixes, I mean extra bugs onto there captive audience of drone pc's.. unless they went and downloaded the kb3073930 crippled shit tool.
sikapossu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

too many ppl use really old drivers so those this is only good
doodah

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got an AMD, am I not a gamer?
amra

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. LOL Just kidding bro. ;)

I guess since I skipped Win 8+ the move to 10 is in inevitable, if I don't wanna be a old dinosaur. Move faster! Grow faster! Which does not mean I update my nvidia drivers often. Mostly if something fails, which is not often.
If I had an AMD card I would only update, if it is not working from the beginning, then... never again. I hate AMD drivers, never had luck with them. The risk of having something failing with Nvidia is worth leaving AMD trouble aside. Anyways I went offtopic. ;)
Maybe with the major CPU manufacturers who start skipping this shrinking race, we will see a better long term developement of hardware, IT is moving too fast at the moment. Or I'm too old to keep up. I'm sick of product cycles of one or two years in technology.
doodah

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1-2 year product cycles is horrible, I agree - unfortunately it's the consumerisation of technology. It's happening slowly in business too and I hate it..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: