Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Mouse and keyboard support confirmed for Xbox One [39943]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:44 am    Post subject: Mouse and keyboard support confirmed for Xbox One [39943] Reply with quote

Confirmed through a short thread on Twitter, Phil Spencer says that the Xbox One is in line to support mouse input, allowing for both keyboard and mouse control on the company's gaming platform. The addition of a mouse on the Xbox One only seems fitting, given that the Xbox One is already running on PC hardware and a h

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Making for more of a reason to forgo getting a PC. Only a matter of time.
amra

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as the console can't do what the PC can do, in the means of operating system freedom (installing programs, customizing, "do work"),
I think this separation will stay for a while. For gaming... as long as the blackbox between input and output runs the games, wgaf if barebone, pc or "console"? :)
Kompressor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The big question is, will you be able to use the mouse and keyboard to play games?
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd expect that will be the case... keyb and mouse as an option for games.. What else would they add it for?

Then, use your tablet for all your other apps, or a laptop.

I think its inevitable for the "home" pc and it's demise is coming.

Also I'm sure competition for the Steambox.
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, console ain't remotely replacing PCs anytime soon: they don't push the envelop fast enough as they are not modular and tech changes month to month where stupid arse consoles take years and years to change. Further, console can't you make you money: PCs can as they run all the major desktop and server apps that actually, oh, run the REAL WORLD of BUSINESS and adv. desktop apps which consoles cannot. No.. consoles, like many tablets, are merely toys, thanks! I cannot be productive or make the money I do off "play things" unless I'm sort of ADHD luggan teen then sure: go knock yourself out.

Consoles.. passhh.. fixed h/w that gets superseded within a few months of release that houses pedestrian s/w for the rudimentary masses that want to be spoon-fed and have their collective arses wiped for them. Plleeaassseee....
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thudo wrote:
No, console ain't remotely replacing PCs anytime soon: they don't push the envelop fast enough as they are not modular and tech changes month to month where stupid arse consoles take years and years to change. Further, console can't you make you money: PCs can as they run all the major desktop and server apps that actually, oh, run the REAL WORLD of BUSINESS and adv. desktop apps which consoles cannot. No.. consoles, like many tablets, are merely toys, thanks! I cannot be productive or make the money I do off "play things" unless I'm sort of ADHD luggan teen then sure: go knock yourself out.

Consoles.. passhh.. fixed h/w that gets superseded within a few months of release that houses pedestrian s/w for the rudimentary masses that want to be spoon-fed and have their collective arses wiped for them. Plleeaassseee....

Your arguments are pretty weak. you sound like a child who's arguing with their mommy because she's going to take away your toy. I just keep thinking how stupid Sony was to remove OtherOS where I had a dual boot into Linux. Must be kicking themselves now. There is no reason a console can't offer gaming, productivity and general use. My office now has PC's that aren't much bigger than a kleenex box and sport an i7 processor and SSD drives. People want small, they don't need big huge PC's anymore. If they can get it all and use their main TV how can a person refuse. Don't tell me either that Xbox won't soon offer the ability to support Windows apps. Their planned integration with PC will expand when Windows 10 comes out.
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ironic that you mentioned TOY when that's the exact thing you are trying to support. Consoles don't remotely have the power, scalability, lastability, etc etc except for cost or size AND that can be accomplished via any available microPC out there but for those who need the power and want to play bleeding edge games at 4K yeh good facking luck on your 5+ year old console.

Sorry but you lost the argument a very long time ago when your locked-down h/w became old and dead within a few months when the vaunted PC already eclipsed it MEANWHILE major enterprises will always use PC due to the billions in legacy support of their apps (my industry). There will always be a need to keep what you have as it makes a sh*tstorm of cash as people are used to their apps "as is".

Oh lest I mention the incredible array of games coming EVERYDAY to the PC that consoles can only dream of.
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So lets recap..

Consoles..

+cheap-ish
+compact
+some PC functions

-locked-down so no h/w upgrading (outdated within a few months)
-almost no control to mod it so yer stuck to what those knobs give you.
-limit to games selection (you'll go broke paying for all verses PCs)
-poor h/w so can't remotely compete with mid-level PC eye-candy
-low availability of productivity apps (ie. sure maybe Office but what else)

You can't win this: PCs are infinitely more scalable, upgradable, waayy larger s/w library each day (incredible games available almost on a daily basis and not games for the ADHD low-attention luggan tween) and can make you money in an industry demanding such skills (ie. Autocad, Adobe suite, etc etc). If you need something less ambitious.. BOOM.. Done! Get a MicroPC to fulfill your needs BUT AT LEAST YOU HAVE THE CHOICE! Consoles.. Tablets.. Crapple.. Pashh.. Yer locked in ruled by some Stalinist Tech-Dictator whose controlling your limits. F-U-C-K THAT! Be a Gawd Damn Man and seal your own destiny outside the control of these bastard Technocrats! Let YOU think for the machine and NOT the machine force-thinking for you!
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not everyone needs a top of the line PC. Not everyone is savvy upgrading. Not everyone wants to fork out the cost of a console just to get a video card upgrade. Have you used the OtherOS feature of PS3 when it was available? If not, you have no clue what you are talking about. With Ubuntu on there it was great and more than powerful enough for everything. I don't use AutoCad and shit like that. Nor does most anyone. Think future generation of console. For many many millions of gamers a console is sufficient. Gfx is not all. If PC was so great, why is it literally no store carries it's game media on its store shelves? It's because demand is low. It's not just about digital-delivery. PC will be for the hard-core gamers. Always will but developers still make games for console and port to PC. All I am/was saying is for general users and a good amount of gamers, a console with a keyboard and mouse will more than likely fill their needs.
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not everyone is gonna have a locked down console that does some of what a full PC or even MicroPC can do. None of anyone I know will ever consider a console due to its long un-upgradable life cycle + its not hacked yet so.. laterz... Done deal right there. Unless we can open it up and start customizing if for my clientele both h/w and s/w then see yah!

And yes I do know many who use Adobe PS and Elements which are high-prized apps but don't actually ahemm go the normal route to procure them as it sooo incredibly easy these days to get them "elsewhere". If we got everything legit we'd have been in the poor house 2+ decades ago. Cool
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care about PC in the work environment. Of course that wont change! I'm talking for 'gaming' man. It's gonna make more economical sense to people who want to play the big games but don't want to shell out big bucks.
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not when all the games coming out are pushing the envelope after release beyond a fixed-set console + I can better support a PC then any console set top + install flexible productivity s/w that allows me greater scalability for those who may need it in time. There are just too many advantages then investing in a $300-500 console that is basically locked-down spoon-fed shiet whereas I can invest in a comp that can last for 3-6 years and continue to improve it in a modular sense. I love that and so do those who use it as its not just basic email, browsing, and skype my family uses: its a fairly large set of apps across the spectrum. Nah.. for a system to last its an investment of $1-1.5K for someone older especially when they want to use Adobe Products to preform intermediate multi-media functions.

Maybe someday Consoles will be powerful enough but their life cycles are too locked in for too long a period + are dictated by someone else. Fack that!
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thudo wrote:
Not when all the games coming out are pushing the envelope after release beyond a fixed-set console + I can better support a PC then any console set top + install flexible productivity s/w that allows me greater scalability for those who may need it in time. There are just too many advantages then investing in a $300-500 console that is basically locked-down spoon-fed shiet whereas I can invest in a comp that can last for 3-6 years and continue to improve it in a modular sense. I love that and so do those who use it as its not just basic email, browsing, and skype my family uses: its a fairly large set of apps across the spectrum. Nah.. for a system to last its an investment of $1-1.5K for someone older especially when they want to use Adobe Products to preform intermediate multi-media functions.

Maybe someday Consoles will be powerful enough but their life cycles are too locked in for too long a period + are dictated by someone else. Fack that!

Snore. Maybe someday you'll have a clue. Instead you're just a blockhead and I'm done fucking repeating myself and dumbing things down for you.
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already stated my case against the console in my point-form blurb. Apart perhaps a microPC which is tiny, cheap, and not locked down there is absolutely little reason to choose a console especially with how fast things are moving out there.

Ironic however how you mentioned "dumbed down" when that's precisely was consoles are to the industry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: