Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

AMD R9 Fury X benchmarks leaked [39730]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:36 am    Post subject: AMD R9 Fury X benchmarks leaked [39730] Reply with quote

GPU, the Radeon R9 Fury X. These first benchmarks put the Radeon R9 Fury X against NVIDIAÂ’s GTX980Ti in 4K resolutions, thus giving us an idea of what players can expect from this new GPU

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are not OFFICIAL benchmarks by any stretch of imagination. Please consider correcting that sentence. Those are just leaked numbers that even sites lke Guru3D didn't report on.

I would like to shift your attention to this post here: http://forum.overclock3d.net/showpost.php?s=d125f411d1036ebb2f5ec6072e30fdc3&p=850832&postcount=4

where the site that published "official" results from "amd" has it's own testing of 980Ti that shows significantly higher performance of that shown on "amd slide", even surpassing that of the Fury X.
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for info!! I got it from email..somebody submited this news...I thought it's OK..Actually I was too sleepy to verify it Smile
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome. They are supposed to be leaked official results from some AMD spread sheet that they are preparing and someone supposedly messed up and put those where he/she wasn't supposed to. Yet, those don't look like AMD presentation design (lack of black background etc).
Anyway, official > "official" would be just fine Smile

lot of hype going on. Personally, until press releases reviews I don't believe any of it.
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am seriously digging the raw power of the new Zotac GeForce GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme 6GB GDDR5 (1253 MHz Clock, 7010 MHz Memory) air-cooled by three powerful fans !!! Surprised Shocked Surprised That is one serious beast for $900 CDN: fastest of all the new 980Tis. Would love to see the Fury or Fury X pitted against that one!
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thudo wrote:
I am seriously digging the raw power of the new Zotac GeForce GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme 6GB GDDR5 (1253 MHz Clock, 7010 MHz Memory) air-cooled by three powerful fans !!! Surprised Shocked Surprised That is one serious beast for $900 CDN: fastest of all the new 980Tis. Would love to see the Fury or Fury X pitted against that one!

well you can't go wrong with 980Ti but you should wait for Fury release because it might carry a price drop for 980Ti. Then buy 980Ti Very Happy
I am not a fanboi but nVidia has just a more reliable product.

I am using AMD just because I cannot afford nVidia with similar performance. If I could, I wouldn't even blink. (I have very good prices for AMD from some channels so I can snag a card or two for myself from time to time. Wish I had that option for nVidia but I don't :'( )

Also, my friend bought 2x r9 290 when they came out and was more than happy to replace them with just one nV 980 (not even Ti). His words are "yes, framerate is higher when CF actually works, but even then, 980 performs smother, more stable and gives overall a better experience". He has no reason to lie or to make shit up, he is one of the guys that get's all the new top tier stuff and already has Fury X on his order list and bought 980Ti as soon as it was available.

I don't think AMD just needs raw speed, they seriously need to iron out the drivers, like, REALLY IRON THEM OUT. The line "some people have problems, most others don't" has been used way to often by AMD and AMD fans. Not even going to go into flash/html5 player crashes way more often with AMD than with nVidia.
Those are small things but they are important things.

Holding high hopes for new GPU architecture from AMD and hoping that it will work better, just better, it doesn't have to be super fast, just more stable than current stuff they are peddling for years.

PS. You really shouldn't waste money on OC models. You can OC yourself but at the moment - why would you even want to OC 980Ti? If anything, you could downclock it to make it super silent. It's important if you game using speakers and not headphones (HPs cannot replace subwoofer imho Very Happy )
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only a couple of times went ATi but anyone in the biz like Autodesk (Max, Maya, Autocad, etc) do not recommend ATi due to such bizarre gfx issues with those cards whereas Nvidia is pretty solid through the years. Chances are if you try to run a custom in-house app that calls parts of your video card to do a task, ATi's offering will likely preform with some form of issue -- this is my experience when using Mod Tools that require the GPU to preform tasks. I do not hear too many issues with Nvidia chipsets and gfx tools but no they are not perfect also. Still, I'd rather have both fighting for my dollars rather than the absolute one-sidedness we've seen in the CPU arena for a decade+. Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: